IU Bloomington Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Same for my DS. We were actually very happy. Lots of people have told us that IU doesn’t give money.

1 Like

Son received Dean’s Scholarship email today 10 Dec. It doesn’t show in the portal.
He is a direct admit to Luddy.
He did/has NOT completed or sent in the Selective Scholarship Application (SSA).

The only thing we are interested in is Hutton Honors College.

Same

Yes. Sent separately

We checked our email and received a Dean’s scholarship!

2 Likes

Did you ever receive a response about the GPA? Is it taken right off the transcript?

Agreed, my D has received direct admit to Luddy, so it’s worth considering for her if she can get enough scholarship money. Without Luddy in the bag it would be harder to justify the OOS price tag. (Though, our flagship’s in-state tuition is a lot more than what other state flagships charge their residents. UIUC runs at almost $22k for in-state tuition. By comparison, IU is around $11k in-state. So staying in-state is hardly a bargain for us!)

We haven’t received any cost information yet, though. Iowa State sent it out pretty soon after she was admitted there, but none of her other acceptances have come with any pricing information.

Yes, the highest GPA is taken right off the transcript. No petition was necessary, he was a direct admit. It took about 3 weeks from IU acceptance to the Kelley direct admission email.

Dean’s scholarship for my DS too

What we can’t figure out is if the SSA (which DS was invited to apply to) is need based or not- does anyone know? The scholarship website didn’t say it was need based, but one of the questions in the SSA application asks about financial concerns.

Also, DS was invited to apply for STARS research. Is anyone familiar with that program?

TIA for any insight- good luck to all!

Thanks. His weighted is 4.2 and that’s on transcript so he should be fine as his SAT is 1410.

1 Like

Applied on 10/31 and still no decision yet. Has anyone received a decision from MediaSchool?

My daughter asked an admissions counselor as she was asked to submit the SSA for Hutton Honors college and was told that scholarship was merit based not needs based; even though it does ask you to discuss financial hardship. Not sure about any of the other scholarships.

applied 10/31, an International student from Pakistan, got my acceptance letter today!!

7 Likes

First - I do not know if this is the answer to HHC, but think it is.

As I scour the internet it sounds like the Hutton Honors College invitation is not related to Hutton Honors College Scholarship… meaning you do not need to apply to get into the college… that said if you want to compete for Hutton Honors College Scholarship then you need to complete the SSA.

The only thing I found reference getting in the college was on wiki, but I do not know where that comes from (or if it is official) and that says: Admission into the prestigious Hutton Honors College requires students to have a minimum HS GPA of 3.90 (or top 7.5% class rank) and a ≥32 ACT or ≥1390 (OLD SAT CR+M)/ ≥1440 (NEW SAT) OR a minimum HS GPA of 3.85 (or top 10% class rank) and a ≥34 ACT or ≥1470 (OLD SAT CR+M)/ ≥1510 (NEW SAT).

If you are not directly admitted you can petition to get in, but not compete for scholarships.

Can anyone confirm or add to this?

Thanks!

any decisions today?

Any decisions today or still most decisions on Tuesdays and Thursdays?

Response for your petition 1 day later?

Just checked. my son was admitted today. applied on 11/1, OOS. Really happy for him.

5 Likes

My son admitted today. Applied on 11/01. OOS from California.

6 Likes