Jobs on Campus

I am sure all accepted students and their parents are curious about the job market on campus and in town. What are some of the jobs that are highly reccomended and those that should be avoided if possible? Also if someone could help, are there any jobs with connections to sports programs? I personally love football and getting a job working on the team with equipment or in the stadium would be a blessing. And I am sure many other athletes would love to work with their sports after they are unable to continue playing. Thanks all!

Do you mean work-study jobs for financial aid? Or any job opportunity??

For sports, I think there are a number jobs with the Rec Department - desk jobs, lifeguards, intramural refs, etc. It’s not hard to find off-campus jobs. My D works as a server for a chain restaurant. She has friends who work/have worked at Sam’s Club, Target, and various places on the Strip or at Midtown Village. When I was last in TTown it looked like various businesses in the new shopping center (where Bed Bath & Beyond and Chuy’s are) were hiring. You can go to jobs.ua.edu and look at what student jobs might be available, although there may not be much right now because it’s in the middle of the semester.