Kenyon review young writers program 2023

hi! i applied for kenyon review young writers program for their 2023 season and was wondering if anybody else in this forum did as well. im really excited to see the results and to maybe meet other writers here :slight_smile:

1 Like

I applied in February! Im really anxious about results :face_with_head_bandage:

me too … this is my first time applying for a program like this and im super excited to get the email next week

1 Like

anyone heard back yet? I haven’t

Me neither :face_with_head_bandage: They’re taking a bit longer than last year.

1 Like

Anyone knows when the result will come out?

Does anyone know the acceptance rate for Kenyon Review Young Writers Aummer Residency Workshops?

“According to associate director of programs Tory Weber from The Kenyon Review, the acceptance rate was 30-35 percent” according to an interview with an applicant.

But this was from 2018 so it probably have gotten lower since, especially this year after the pandemic.

I know, and I believe the rate is lower now

https://kenyonreview.org/event/young-writers-summer-residential-workshops/
In the Q&A How do I apply session, it says:
Admissions decisions will be emailed in late March So just today or tomorrow, email should be sent out?

yes i would think so. i think they may be overwhelmed with all the responses since i feel like this year would be competitive, so they also might extend the admission time possibly? i hope not!

Today is the day I guess?

My son has not heard anything yet so far

The voice mail of 740-427-5391 says that the decision will be sent out by the end of today

Thank you for letting us know! The waiting is so painful! Best of luck to everyone!

Waitlisted. Anyone know the chances of getting off?

How did you find it out? You got an email?

Our D was waitlisted last year and no spots opened up. Luckilly she was accepted to the Iowa Young Writer’s Studio which is very similar. She had a great time there and made 2 friends that she still corresponds with regularly.

It also gave her the opportunity to actually live on campus and feel like a real college student. Of course that’s when she discovered she doesnt want to go to a school in a small city.

Tons of benefits of doing either program.

I applied but no email. So that means > rejection

Did anybody get rejection e-mail yet.

1 Like