Letters of Recommendations

<p>It looks like I'll be close to an academic admit (waiting on updated GPA and rank), but not sure yet. I'm done filling out my applications and working on my essays right now. </p>

<p>Anyways, I was wondering about letters of recommendations. Is there a specific form I should give the teachers to fill, and how do I send the letters in? Also, can I submit my application and essay before the letters of recommendation?</p>

<p>Once you submit your application, you will be given an UIN. Having this you will be able to upload any supporting document such as letters of rec through the AIS (Applicant Infirmation System). </p>

<p>So yes, send your application first in order to submit misc documentation</p>

<p>There’s not a special form. Although, it might be helpful to your teachers if you supplied them with a brag sheet. Google it if you’re unfamiliar. There are typical/form brag sheets out there.</p>

<p>You don’t have to wait until you have the UIN. There is a cover sheet available as soon as you set up your application profile with ApplyTexas. A copy of this should accompany any documentation mailed in. The letters can be sent directly to A&M admissions with the cover sheet. </p>

<p>You may already know this, but A&M will look at a MAXIMUM of 2 letters of recommendation.</p>

<p>And if you send more than that, TAMU picks the two they review AT RANDOM. So only send your two favorite.</p>

<p>Thanks for the info!</p>