Lowest Accepted GPA/SAT Stories to UCB, UCLA, UCSD, UCD, UCI and UCSB

Does UCSD (or any of the UCs) use major/minors to decide an admission decision?

Correction: 1790 SAT lol
Also, just got Admitted into UCI and wait listed at UCSC

Accepted to: UCR, UCSC, UCLA, waiting for UCI decision
GPA: 10-11W: 3.7; UCW:3.23 (Math class in junior year really left the nuts hangin out both semesters. It was a massacre.)
SAT: 2040 CR:700 M:690 W:650
AP: 6 taken (4 out of those i got 5’s on the test.); taking 4 this year.
Essays: pretty good; they got me in
EC’s: not impressive at all
In state
Received supplemental app

How is a 2040 low?

I got in to UCLA with a 3.4 UC and a 1670 SAT. I got a supplemental though.

I got accepted to UCSC and somehow UCI with a 3.77 GPA and 1510 SAT. I didn’t think I would get into UCI because I had literally no extracurriculars and my SAT scores were low, but anything is possible.

Got into all the UCs I applied to so far (still waiting for Berkeley right now, though).
Accepted: UCSD, UC Davis, UCSB, UCI, UCLA (…hopefully Berkeley) -in state student-
Major: Business Economics

SAT: 1790 (I didn’t bother to open the book until the day before the test, LOL…Probably should have though :/)
ACT: 23 (Didn’t bother with studying for this one either…)
AP Courses: Welllllll…I’ve taken 9 up until this point (5 right now for senior year), and have passed all the exams I have taken so far.

College Courses: I took Psychology classes with a local community college as a sophomore and got an A both semesters.
GPA (unweighted): 4.0 ; GPA (weighted) : 4.6
UC GPA: 3.92
ECs: Okay, gotta admit, I think I did pretty well with this (I was always volunteering somewhere…ALWAYS)
Essays: I was complimented on my essays by all of my English teachers and the AVID teachers. So… I guess they were good.

Class of 2019

I got into UCI and UCLA so far… SAT: 1640 …GPA: 4.64 . This GPA doesn’t include several University courses I took ! So there is A CHANCE for everyone and admissions are not only based on test scores!! I had over 300 hours of community service :smiley:

SAT: 1840
UC GPA: 4.2
10 AP classes
Biology major
In state
Got accepted to UCR, UCSC, UCI, UCD, UCSB, UCM
Got waitlisted to UCSD and UCLA
waiting on UCB

Gpa 3.9
Sat 1760
Got accepted to ucd ucsd ucsb
Rejected from uci and ucla
Waiting on ucla. Any chances???

I am literally mind f u c k e d I got into ucsb with a 1660 sat 3.9 Uc gpa and a par time job. No service hours what so ever

NOW THIS IS MY PLACE
Got accepted to UCI (my dream school!)
with a 1450 SAT and a 20 in ACT
GPA: 3.9 UC 4.0 Weighted 3.6 Unweighted
Received 2’s on all my AP tests
Got a few hours in Key Club
and no work experience
sent my application last minute
no corrections on my personal statements
however i took 6 ap classes so far
passed all my classes with A’s and B’s

Got accepted to UCI with a 3.1 (UW) and 3.3 (W) GPA! + 1540 SAT / 24 ACT score. I also had two D’s and a lot of C’s, yikes. But I received a supplemental, had a great personal statement, and founded a non-profit organization, so I guess that helped!

I got into Cal, UC Davis, UCR, and UCI with an SAT of 1820 and an academic GPA of 4.57
One of my personal statements was about an exclusive scholarship I was part of for all 4 years of high school.

@jcee07 What does receiving a supplemental mean?

3.65 UW/4.1 W with 2380 sat
decent essays, a few sports and activities

Accepted to UCSD Mathematics and Berkeley Letters and Science

Rejected from UCLA engineering

@funnylovesz‌ I know the question wasn’t directed towards me, but i will answer it anyway. The supplement was sent out around late January up until late February to about 6% of applicants from each university. It allowed the admissions officers to learn more about certain favorable qualities that may have been mentiined in the personal statements. From uci and ucla, they came in 3 forms: talent, disability/hardship, and borderline. Applicants were sent a combination of 2 questions which we were to answer in essay form. It was basically a second chance for students to give the university a reason to admit them.

I got in everywhere but Berkeley with a 30 ACT and 1860 SAT. 4.25 uc gpa. I got into UCLA off a supplemental

Why are you guys even commenting on this thread if you have a 4.0+ UC weighted GPA?

This thread is about ‘lowest accepted gpa & sat stories to theh UC’s’.

@StanfordSwag‌ That’s what i was wondering lol. Maybe i shouldn’t have posted because i had a 2040 sat, but i think that my 3.23 uc gpa can inspire some people nonetheless.