Ucla ucsd gpa/sat question

<p>For those who got into UCLA or/and UCSD what were ur sat and gpa scores?</p>

<p>I got into UCLA with 1560 on SATs and 3.8 unweighted/4.02 weighted GPA. HAHA!</p>

<p>UCSD Accepted
2160 SAT: 760 CR, 960 M, 710 W
3.8 California State GPA</p>

<p>1560....</p>

<p>....</p>

<p>I got rejected by the way, high 2000's 4.15</p>

<p>misskb makes me a sad/angry panda</p>

<p>OMG!!!! I thought UCLA won't take anyone with low SAT score...</p>

<p>No way!!! got in with SAT 1560??? And 4.02GPA????
then you must have done incredibly well on EC or other stuff....</p>

<p>anyone else get rejected from LA?</p>

<p>D is accepted by UCLA and UCSD Biology Major. Her GPA is 4.46 and ACT 32.</p>

<p>D accepted UCSD and UCLA
4.0 UW
4.5 W
ELC
Good ECS incl 4 years Varsity tennis and Track, 11 years piano and Girl Scout Gold Award. IMO committed EC's play a big role in decisions. My D was fairly average but some kids have some amazing and unusual EC's which may be enough to get them admitted with lower scores.</p>

<p>rejected from UCLA AND UCSD.
GPA 3.76 unweighted
SATI: 1840
SATII: 800, 630
EC: piano for 11 years, President of Cultural Club, Vice President of Environmental Club, Chinese school (first place in class throughout high school at chinese school)...
goes to a challenging high school.. not ELC but top 10%</p>

<p>post #2 is probably talking about "out of 1600", or is a recruited athlete, where the score doesn't matter, only so far as that score and GPA combine to qualify for "UC eligibility".</p>

<p>Hands down GPA is the dominant predictor of UCLA and UCB admissions. </p>

<p>Consider this: Fully 57 % of the ADMITS in 2008 at UCLA were ELCs. ELCs are the top 4 % of each high school in California, measured by UC GPA. So, if UCLA admitted 12,000 in 2009, of whom 10,000 were from California, roughly 6,000 of those admits were ELC.
<a href="http://www.ucop.edu/news/factsheets/2008/freshman_admit_profile_2008.pdf%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.ucop.edu/news/factsheets/2008/freshman_admit_profile_2008.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>Having done that, they then look to round out their class (through holistic review whose scoring rubric remains a UCLA secret) they then admit others. Last year, (based on my recall -- I couldn't find the chart ) if your GPA was between 3.7 to 4.0 GPA, you had something like a 10 percent chance of being admitted.</p>

<p>So, if you want to get into UCLA, high GPA is necessary but not sufficient, ELC definitely helps (though not all ELCs get admitted) and then you hope your ECs and personality as reflected in your essays score highly in UCLA's black box holistic review.</p>

<p>Remember, UCLA has a 20 % admit rate, they rejected over 42,000 applicants.</p>

<p>Here's the chart for your chances if you have a 3.7 to 4.0 UC (weighted) GPA:</p>

<p>11305 applicants -- only 600 were admitted and 388 enrolled
UCLA</a> Undergrad Admissions: Profile of Admitted Freshmen, Fall 2008</p>

<p>Nope, I had a 1560 on a 2400 scale.
SAT II:
Math 2- 570
Literature-510</p>

<p>I'm not in ELC and I NEVER done any sports at school. I'm not a recruited athlete either..but I got admitted into UCLA, believe it or not!</p>

<p>ACT 29, W GPA: 4.25ish</p>

<p>Somebody pointed this out in another thread and I hadn't noticed but the admit rate for OOS is 28% while the admit rate for instate is 22.45%! Check out the profile. I was under ther impression it was harder for OOS but it is actually easier. Now the cost is whole different story.</p>

<p>
[quote]
I was under ther impression it was harder for OOS but it is actually easier.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>correct, it is NOT harder from OOS. Technically, the stats for OOS are marginally higher, but that is most likely due to an income effect, i.e., wealthy high scoring kids applying from OOS whereas the UCs give admission tips to low income kids (who tend to be lower scorers).</p>

<p>Uw gpa: 3.90
w gpa: 4.4
sat: 2160</p>

<p>KissKB24, What was your major? :D</p>

<p>what are my odds of getting into UCSD w/ 3.3 GPA right now ( still spring and summer to go)!!!</p>

<p>Accepted UCLA, Rejected UCSD
UC GPA: ~3.45 uw, 3.95 w
SAT: 2110
ELC</p>

<p>UCLA gave me a borderline supplement…</p>