Lowest stats to get into UC

<p>^ If I get into UCLA</p>

<p>I will perform very well</p>

<p>I don't think classes can get harder than taking Medical Seminars about the pathology of Pulmonary Tuberculosis</p>

<p>^ You'd be very surprised. It doesn't have to do with dealing with more advanced biology... but dealing with advanced courses that you may not necessarily be used to that you may have to take.</p>

<p>Quote me on this, Haiku won't get into Cal or LA.</p>

<p>Oooh, showdown.</p>

<p>Sephorazn18 vs. Haiku</p>

<p>^ You're not the one to decide that, the admissions staff is.</p>

<p>I feel very confident any college class can't get that difficult, I don't generally see classes as difficult or stressful</p>

<p>I see real life to be what's more challenging, for example:</p>

<p>Rural Medicine</p>

<p>-Seeing newborns being born with anomalities
-Inform their parents about that
-Seeing people die
-Seeing people with terminal diseases
-Seeing young kids with terminal diseases
-Telling someone they have a life-threatening disease
-See people who have no money, no food, and barely any shelter</p>

<p>I'm missing others, but my point is </p>

<p>No matter how hard a course can be, it cannot be any harder than seeing some real-life situations where you put your learning into practice.</p>

<p>You'd have to get accepted into Cal or UCLA first before making big claims like that. Seeing things does not equal the ability to analyze rigid coursework and putting it down on paper. If I went to the hospital on any random day, I'd be able to see most of what you've seen already. Biology at the university level isn't about taking what you've learned and directly applying it in real life situations. Do you really think that the admissions department will override what you've "seen" for the lackluster GPA/SAT you have? Why are you spending so much time on these forums when you could be racking up some CC units?</p>

<p>Classes don't have to be stressful but that's irrelevant when it comes to determining the difficulty of classes. Everyone has their weaknesses and they WILL get exposed in college. You'll just have to wait and see.</p>

<p>just wait until you take chemistry</p>

<p>although i must admit that so far that is the only class that has been at all different in difficulty, albeit it's large deviation in difficulty makes up for the difference the other classes are lacking >_<</p>

<p>Sephorazn18 said, "Quote me on this, Haiku won't get into Cal or LA."</p>

<p>Haiku already had supplemental info requests from Cal and LA, and most people that receive these when they are on the borderline (I didn't receive any ... yet i have both a higher test score and GPA than Haiku, GPA/SAT aren't everything), so I think Haiku has a pretty good chance on ATLEAST one if not both.</p>

<p>They were supplementals for his "disability".</p>

<p>according to this my points accumulate to be 7630 but i didnt allot anything to 250 points dedicated to parents college education because i don't know how much points would be a bachelor degree parent and only some college at a cc would count for. either way itd be close ouch.</p>

<p>sephorazn- why did you put "disability" in quotes?</p>

<p>Let me tell you you're sadly mistaken.</p>

<p>Do you think I will actually be able to see such things on a medical setting without the proper preparation? I don't think so, not by the World Health Organization's Standards.
In order to even be on the field I had to go through training and a certification process, and it was not easy. I had to take classes in theory and practice (which I still do) that are as hard, if not harder than your typical college biology course (You know why, because it is not only that, it's 12 other subjects i.e. Physiology, Embryology, Pathology, Pharmacology, etc. and taken in about half the time)
I'm currently taking Biochemistry II based on Harper's Biochemistry, Harrison's Principles on Medicine, and other medical theory classes.</p>

<p>So you can shove that idea you know where. I DO have to attend classes, it's not just go "Walk by a hospital and see things" oh no, it's studying and analyzing them too, it's very similar to Medical School. Also, I don't just "get to see someone die" but actually ANALYZE and STUDY and REPORT what I see just like you said. Don't jump into conclusions without knowing the facts.</p>

<p>I'll put into example the time I gave polio vaccinations to children.
Before I could down-right go into someone's house and offer the vaccine, I had to take about 10-12 hours of preparatory work on how the Polio vaccine works and everything you need to know. Then after performing this vaccination drive, as a team we had to report the results (that is write research-style papers like the ones you find in Medical Journals like Medigraphic and Proquest)
Then turn those in to the Office of Health Services in The one of the Main Clinics in Ensenada, go through the proper disposal of the remains (which also requires a course on how to handle and dispose of biological material, aka biohazards) </p>

<p>You're making the wrong assumption that I just see stuff and yeah, that's it, that has nothing to do with learning. You're sadly mistaken, it has all the elements of learning. You may be watching too much TV and might not know that what happens in a hospital is not only "Watching"</p>

<p>Another thing: The WHO won't let out people do anything medical without the supervision and training of their staff, even their volunteer staff. I believe this will be seen by the Admissions Committee since I've thoroughly explained this on both my original personal statement and supplemental for both schools, you know why? Because I've been a year off school, so they want to know if I've been doing something productive which I clearly am. After talking to them, they consider my whole application as much as other high school seniors but take an emphasis on what I've been doing last year. It won't replace the entire application but it will make me stand-out, it already has.</p>

<p>Clearly, you think my "disability supplemental" is the only one I got and that's "it"
Well, yes, I do have a LD, so what? Do u think I'm begging Cal to let me in by just saying "Oh, I have OCD, let me in"
No, I don't steep to the begging level and I surely hope they don't accept me because they feel pity.
I wrote how I was able to overcome it and how it affected me. You may not know how it feels and what it is actually (it is a medical condition, and I don't think u know the etiology and pathology of General Anxiety Disorder) My LD has a direct connection to my GPA and SAT scores, and if you don't believe it, so what? You're not the one with the LD nor the one who will decide my admission stats. Not everyone is born with the same life circumstances, you don't know my life nor what I've been through, so have the respect to others because no one is born into the same type of life as you are.</p>

<p>I have my strengths and I have my weaknesses. I'm really good in Medicine, but really bad in taking tests, it's something that I have been working on constantly.</p>

<p>I want to go to Cal or UCLA for the pure interest of education. After the time I've been interned in this program I am eager to start my own research (oh yeah, forgot to mention it to you, I do research here on public health issues; it's part of the work here)
Best way is to go with the best institutions in that area, and since I have a very deep interest with the Hispanic population, that's where I want to be headed.</p>

<p>So stop your false accusations, because I'm not just your ordinary middle GPA person who will go to Community College just because I heard some ignorant say it on an Internet Forum. ( which I come once a day because it's my own business)</p>

<p>I actually have a dream in Medicine and Public Health, hence why I chose to be part of this program and also why I want to go to Cal or UCLA.
I'll be content with getting into one, and if I don't, so what? it's not the end of the world, I have the perseverance to fight for my dream.</p>

<p>^pscychecho</p>

<p>he did that because he doesn't believe I have a disability
I don't think he knows that a Learning Disability is considered by Cal
or maybe he thinks I'm making it up so I can get into Cal</p>

<p>Ignorant</p>

<p>I got into UCSD with an oddly low 3.6-3.7 weighted UC GPA. SAT was on par at 2100, I think. But I did the calculations and my numbers never added up to what I thought would be enough. </p>

<p>What was really cool is that a linguistics (my planned major) professor called me and personally delivered the news and congratulated me. Very nice.</p>

<p>haikumarukuchan: SHUT UP.
you spend far too much time, and care FAR too much. GET OVER IT. Appeal and ****. You don't have to prove anything to us, it doesn't change anything. Trying to make us believe you will not get you into UC.</p>

<p>I got into UCSC and UCSB with a 3.58, SAT 1750, 570, 540. ACT 29. And i'm an out of state applicant.
It's about essays, community service, and the personal as an individual.
So just get over it bro.</p>

<p>I got in to UCI & UCD with a 1440 SAT chem490/mathII420</p>

<p>but a 4.2gpa with ELC.</p>

<p>I got into UCI and UCSB with a 3.1 weighted GPA (2.9 unweighted). But 2320 SAT Reasoning and stellar essays.</p>

<p>I got lucky...being elc. Got into UCD, UCSB, and UCSC with a 4.4 gpa but a 1660 sat.</p>

<p>i hate elc's... no offense, if your one of the best in terms of gpa in your senior class and can only get a 1660 sat score, what does it tell about your high school? that it is easy and uncompetitive. it is EXTREMELY unfair that you can get accepted to a good UC because anyone can just transfer to a **** high school and graduate in the top whatever% of your class.</p>

<p>some people are **** test takers, and sat doesn't really test your knowledge, but you should be able to get at least in the 1800 range....</p>

<p>high schools are not the same for every1. in some schools you can basically go to sleep for the whole year and get straight A's. for sat's, it is standardized, everybody basically gets the same test</p>

<p>and ec's and "personality" is so overrated. college is about learning, not who you are. your potential to learn and succeed should be based on your academics, not if you have a colorful personality or not.</p>