Mays Business Honors Admissions

I asked my Sr BHer this morning if she thought any non auto admits got into BH…she said she’d never heard of any. If not Val/Sal or Top 1-4%, I would think chances are slim.
I see ppl always mentioning Arizona. Is it easier for OOS to get into? Or do they offer automatic scholarship $? Must be some draw, cause I see it mentioned often. Does the Arizona Honors offer come with $?
UTD and A&M couldn’t be more different-size, athletics, traditions, etc. It would all depend what kind of campus life your student wants.

She got a scholarship of 30K per year for AZ. I think the honors program can give her access to additional scholarships.

Most likely she will got to A & M (even without a BH). She has applied to some other OOS schools as well, including MI, GeorgiaTech, Maryland etc. Its “wait and see” mode!

1 Like

Wow, 30k a year! That’s incredible! That would be hard to turn down.

I feel U of AZ is easy to get in and they give very high scholarships especially if u have high GPA/SAT scores. They encourage folks from outside the state to join. But I am not sure how the program compares to Mays…

1 Like

My student heard back from BH yesterday and did not get in(small envelope). She had a 33 ACT, top 8% at an extremely competitive high school, UW GPA 3.9(made 1 B one semester freshman year), varsity athlete, student leadership, worked a job since age 15, etc. She will graduate with 30+ college credit hours from AP exams. She had strong essays. She is very disappointed, but already has made a list of ways to get involved at Mays (Aggies on Wall Street, TRIPP, etc.)

@Marie6 I’m so sorry. But happy she’s looking forward. I sound like a broken record, but there are SOOO MANY ways to get involved, many other ‘special’ programs (Aggies On Wall Street, TRIP, PPA etc). Plus minors, certificates, a host of study abroad programs and more, not to mention the professional orgs & clubs.
If you haven’t yet, be sure to join Aggie Moms/Dads of Mays Students page (must answer ALL questions to get approved). No drama page, parents are super helpful!

@Marie6 —thank you for posting. I actually didn’t get my mail this weekend. I’ll post when we get the news. @52AG82 has convinced me that Mays is great without BH and lots to look forward to!!

1 Like

Just wondering if anyone has had news in the last month? All decisions are supposed to be made by February 15.

nope

1 Like

Just curious if anyone else has heard either way on Honors admissions?

I have not…

So. Just realistically, that means that no news is not necessarily good news. If lots of kids haven’t heard, that means there are lots of rejection letters yet to come.

2 friends’ Ds heard back in Dec of their acceptance into Mays Honors.

1 Like

@tofuVolley —I have pretty much decided that almost all the acceptances have already been extended. I’m not sure why the rejections are so slow in coming.

My D22 received her rejection letter in Feb. I didn’t even bother to show her. haha.

1 Like

@tofuVolley —and I’m sure she has been great despite that “rejection”. It’s funny. I had already decided to not show mine, either. He has moved on and doesn’t think about it any more.

We have a friend who just got BH acceptance on Monday.

1 Like

Wonder if Mays included any data in the letters on numbers accepted so far - and when students had to commit?

I just don’t know

The students don’t have to commit until May 1st. I believe BH usually accepts a little over 100, expecting about 80+ to enroll.

1 Like