Mays Business School Fall 2019 Transfer Acceptance - TAMU

Hello everyone!
I have been watching/reading posts for a while now.

I applied to Mays on 1/1/2019 1:50pm
Supply Chain Mgmt
Transcripts received 1/10/2019
Transfer audit 2/1/2019
Transfer gpa 3.31
Transfer hours 56
Eagle Scout and great Essay A
Sister is at TAMU 3rd yr education
No more notices or tabs…yet!

I just heard today that girlfriend received decline letter in mail to Mays. She has 3.5 GPA, 45 hrs but applied 2/1.

I am hoping that not hearing a decline yet is a good thing!?!

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear! It is really annoying just hanging out here on the bubble!

@txjtebbe did your girlfriend or did you put down a second choice. Very few get into mays. Typically need a 4.0 or extremely close to get in. Competition is fierce.

There’s a university studies major with business as focus through mays. It’s like 24 business credits and then you choose 2 minors. Great program. Or Econ or ag business. Those should be back up plans going forward if you’re wanting business.

@AggieMomhelp How likely is it for a Mays applicant to get into econ as a second choice? Given their GPA requirement is way lower, will most 3.5+ people with all coursework done for Mays get into Econ pretty easy? I’ve been thinking more and more about Econ and wouldn’t mind doing it!

@alirhasan96 Econ is a great major and as long as you have the required courses for Econ, with that GPA you should be good. You can always minor in business. That is what my son is doing. He’s a freshman right now. Also, as early as sophomore year (doesn’t apply to most of you on here) so let’s say junior year or even senior year, you can apply for MS in Finance. It’s through Mays and is for non finance majors. You can start coursework in undergrad and finish earlier than if you apply after undergrad (that’s an obvious conclusion I know) but the reason they did that… meaning opening up to undergrads, is to give them the opportunity to do many internships. It’s a great program. Selective though of course.

My point in my really long post is that there are other ways to get the degree that will set you up with a great career or grad school!

@AggieMomhelp Ooh I didn’t know that, that actually sounds amazing. I will definitely considering the MS in finance during undergrad as I was planning on doing it later anyway. Thank you so much! Hoping for some good news soon.

Is anyone still waiting for the tabs or official acceptance letter?

@AgNow21 Yes, I believe there are still quite a few of us waiting on tabs and/or official letters.

I called and asked today, they said all the spots haven’t been filled yet and people typically hear back from late March all the way into July. Also said to check Howdy on Thursdays and Fridays as that’s when they normally update it.

@alirhasan96 Wow ok. Good to know! Thank you

Hey just wanted to let you guys know that I woke up with 6 tabs this morning

GOT 6 TABS TODAY!! CONGRATS EVERYONE ELSE WHO DID

I GOT 6 TABS THIS MORNING AS WELL! CONGRATS FELLOW AGGIES!!!

I also got 6 tabs this morning!! I applied on the deadline date 3/1 lol. Congrats everyone!

Congrats everyone! I’m so happy y’all got in as well!!

Hey guys I’m curious what housing are you guys looking into? Are you trying to find something close to Mays?

I would recommend you find something ASAP. I just moved here and it took a lot of stress and sweat. Looked at over a hundred places online to find the bet deals and location. I would recommend the Element at university Park (I am not staying there), but this complex is by far the best rated and nicest, in terms of apartments… A little far from campus but definitely doable.

Check the northgate area too for Mays… Maybe even the Domain at Northgate, or the Warehouse factory. I hear the rise is a lot cheaper too because of the newly built “Aspire” right next to it.

If you need any more help please contact me!

To anyone reading this looking for housing… Go to zillow or aggiesearch for housing. Also, TOUR the place first. I made a deposit off of luther street- looked at the unit and immediately got my deposit back. The place was terrible and pictures are extremely deceiving.

Good luck!

Congrats to all who got accepted. My daughter is an incoming Freshman, BBA Mays student and since she made her decision late, we recently visited specifically looking for off campus apartments just within the last 2 weeks. In our tour, we found Callaway Villas to be a very nice complex that is on the Mays side of campus. We didn’t lease there since this will be her first year and will not have too many classes on that side of campus, but definitely will keep it in mind for next year! I recommend looking at that if you are an incoming upper classman Mays student.

I got 6 tabs this morning!

@bstuart954 I signed a lease already with some friends at Lakeridge. Also, instead of buying a parking pass, I’m looking at purchasing an electric bike. The commute to Mays on a stardard bike is about 10 minutes so probably about 6 minutes going 20-25mph on an electric one.

@ExcGunnar I am legitimately thinking about buying an electric bike as well. I think it would be a good investment. I ended up signed a lease at north point crossing.