McGill Decisions Class of 2027

Going a little stir crazy. I’ve been at reviewed-decision pending for agriculture and environmental for nearly two weeks now. I also submitted a letter of extenuating circumstances so I knew my decision would take long, just not this long. Cn citizen applying from the US.

Has anyone heard back about the major renewable scholarship?

Any US students heard from the Engineering department? Been decision pending since 11/11. 5 months… Heard from all other schools that require essays, video interview, engineering portfolio. M

1 Like

@kathy8 @catdec @ayanas @tofurkey.enthusiast @umassbound

How are your grades or expected grades comparing with their required 2022 minimum acceptances stats for your intended major(s)?

1 Like

should be OK. 3.96 GPA with 34 ACT

I expect it probably varies by department, and by how much the applicant exceeded the cutoffs? My son was admitted to Materials Engineering on Feb 3rd with 3.97 GPA, 1460 SAT.

I would say I’m in between. 3.6 gpa but my extenuating circumstances really explain first semester of senior year.

It depends on the type of engineering. Bioengineering (and maybe, mechanical engineering) have the highest requirement.

1 Like

No. I’m really impatient now honestly. I don’t know what’s taking so long

2 Likes

I need to hear about the major scholarship before committing. Is it coming before May 1st for sure?

As an FYI for those still waiting to hear about reviewed decision pending from the US. I called yesterday. They said they will try to get decisions out by mid May but might not be until end of May.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing that info

2 Likes

I was already admitted. I’m talking about the scholarships. I hope they also get out before may 1st.

My son’s status has changed from decision pending to waitlist. Does anyone know how often people move off the waitlist?

Does this apply for all faculties?

I’m not sure…I don’t even think I mentioned the faculty in the phone call (arts) so it’s possible it applies to all (but I’m not 100% sure). I was mentioning the mid-May date and she corrected me and said they are trying for that but it could be as late as end of May.

1 Like

waitlisted for civil. My GPA is 3.96 and ACT 34.

Son’s status changed to rejected. 4.0 unweighted GPA, test optional (since his reading score was just below the cutoff). No worries. He was planning to choose UCSD anyway.

@figgery what major/school was he applying for? and how does it compare to their grade cuts… after all, 4.0 is a perfect score, so was it because he failed to report 1500+ SAT? that would mean the test isn’t really optional

He applied to 4 faculties: Arts, Science, Arts&Science and Desautels. All rejected him with 4.0 GPA and test optional. I do wonder if that means the test isn’t really optional. We are happy with the school he will be going to, but confused that even Arts said no. In the end, all you really need is one “yes” that you are happy with.

1 Like