Meetup at Bama Bound 5/31?

<p>Sorry for the late notice here, everyone, but we’ve been overwhelmed with graduation and other end of school year stuff here at my house.</p>

<p>DD and I will be at Bama Bound tomorrow and Wednesday.</p>

<p>Anybody want to try and eat lunch as a group together tomorrow?</p>

<p>You can recognize me easily: I have a big houndstooth purse with red handles and I’ll be carrying an iPad in a red leather case!</p>

<p>Will look for you! I am easy to spot. Very tall, grey hair, glasses and blue striped polo.</p>

<p>Hope some of you get to connect. Speaking for last year’s group when I say we’re all envious and excited for you all to be BamaBound… we had a great time last year!</p>

<p>Have fun! We’re heading down tomorrow for the 6/2-6/3 session. Getting excited!</p>

<p>Y’all have a great time! A few of us got to meet up when dropping kids off for Alabama Action, and made some great forever friends. Good luck with registration and let us know how it goes!</p>

<p>We are gonna be at the 6/2-6/3 session as well BamaMom.</p>

<p>Best of Luck to those at Bama Bound! Hope y’all have fun!!</p>

<p>Roll TIde!!</p>

<p>What fun! We all met the first time at the Capstone Hotel Dining room at a set time. That worked well because there was parking, it wasn’t far off the Bama bus or could be walked to from The Ferg.</p>

<p>Later, we had BBQ at Blue Moon on a different day.</p>

<p>Great group. Hope you all manage to get together. Half the fun was seeing what monikers go to who!</p>

<p>So excited for all of you! My D was lamenting last night that many of her CBHP pals are at BB today. We have Graduation this week, so we’re headed down for the BB on 6/8-6/9. Anyone here attending that session? Looking forward to it … even though we’ll be making the 750+ mile trek to T-town via car for the first time! :-)</p>

<p>^^^God Bless You, Dad. Lots of CBHers attended the week before us, too. But we met a couple of CC families, and they wound up meeting up again at Alabama Action, too!</p>

<p>I think in some future year, we need to coordinate with the Honor College or something to have some kind of official meet up with various CC members attending BB. Of course, the non-honors could attend as well, but I just think the HC would probably be more easily talked into having some kind of arrangement.</p>

<p>Dad2ILD: My son was one of the last CBHers his year to go to BB. It was not a big deal. He lived with a fellow CBHer his freshman year, two as a sophomore and this fall, two again. Tell your daughter to enjoy BB and meet lots of new kids.</p>

<p>I met ShamrockDad today. I’ll still have my HUGE houndstooth purse with red handles tomorrow if anybody else is here at Bama Bound and wants to say hi.</p>

<p>My daughter has about 15 classes she’d like to take first semester, has to somehow be psychic and leave huge holes open in her schedule to accommodate Symphonic Band OR Alabama Wind/Huxford Orchestra rehearsal times, leave time for Million Dollar Band, schedule a flute lessson, and schedule in Honors Biology plus hopefully a lit course, Honors Psychology, and a UHP freshman seminar.</p>

<p>Most freshmen don’t make Alabama Winds/Huxford Orchestra, but a lot of the flute players are graduating (according to the flute professor), so it will be a little easier than usual to get in this fall. DD’s good, but not sure how she stacks up to upcoming seniors with lots of college playing under their belts! I think we’ll try to schedule with a plan for her making Symphonic, and trust the Honors College can help rework her schedule if she is lucky enough to make the other groups.</p>

<p>Off to take my contacts out, take a shower, and great ready for bed! It’s been a long day.</p>

<p>^^^Wishing you and Shamrock Dad a great time tomorrow! Good luck with the registration process!</p>

<p>Much luck with registration, and remind your kids that if they do not get that first choice class this time, keep checking throughout the summer. There will be some movement in classes, especially as AP scores roll in or students change majors, etc.</p>

<p>I met RandomDad today, too. :)</p>

<p>BAMAMom2BE and I met outside of the Ferg when a fire alarm went off! D said her small group had just started talking about safety when the alarm went off. They thought it was set up but of course it was not.</p>

<p>Sorry I didn’t have computing capabilities during BB… would’ve loved meeting ya’ll.</p>

<p>We had a great time - all eight of the suitemate’s parents were there, and we all felt much better about housing after meeting each other. In fact, we felt so good about it that we ditched Lakeside Dining Tuesday night for the Mellow Mushroom. It was funny when we each called our students and told them not to look for us - they’re often the ones ditching us at such events!</p>

<p>The fire alarm was actually almost fun. We tried to decide whether they’d staged it to show us their preparedness, or to give us some empathy with the students who’ve had to put up with fake alarms in the middle of the night. It was a chance to mill around and meet some more people - that’s when we found the last set of parents.</p>

<p>We are so looking forward to BamaBound. Dad2ILD - we are attending at the same time. Would love to meet the CC’ers! You have all been so very gracious and our family appreciates you very much.</p>

<p>Hope to see a lot of you there!</p>

<p>Enjoyed meeting BAMAMom2Be Wednesday, but it was brief because I wanted to hear the presentation by the UA police dept. Wife really enjoyed her first visit to UA and was super impressed with everything and everyone. Son was able to get the classes he wanted with one exception, but he found a substitute that he thinks he will enjoy just as much plus it fit his schedule better. He ended up with two back-to-back class periods every day Monday-Friday, with an extra one hour class/seminar on Monday and a one hour lab Monday night.</p>