Merit Aid, University of Pittsburgh, class of 2028

Question to those who have received their merit awards…

While Honors College decisions do not come out until next year, did you also already apply to the Honors College — already submit that essay with your initial application?

Yes - our student applied to Honors at the time of application.

My d submitted Honors college essay after she was accepted to school but before she got merit.

DS found a $10k/per year ($40k total) scholarship offer in his Document Center today
OOS, School of Computing & Information
Date on letter 10/24

Applied 8/14, Accepted 8/31

GPA UW 3.95/ W 4.66
ACT: 35, National Merit Commended Student
9 APs
Varsity Athlete, Boys State

3 Likes

D24 just got her merit letter ($15k/yr) in the document center today.

Here are her timeline and stats for reference:

Applied on 9/9 via Pitt system
Buttons appeared on 9/14
Acceptance letter in document center on 9/15 7:05pm EST
Merit letter in document center 10/24 7:05pm EST (seems true that letters are uploaded every 7pm EST with merit letters coming out on Tuesdays)

Dietrich, OOS, SAT 1560 (1570 superscore), GPA 3.85 uw/4.4 w, 10APs done, 5APs pending, NMSF

So happy as this makes Pitt just a tad higher than our instate tuition!

6 Likes

@Rafd5610 , congratulations. Which state you are from if you don’t mind disclosing it? Thank you

1 Like

And what merit was she awarded?

and what was the merit awarded?

10k per year
OOS
Nursing
34 ACT

4 Likes

Thank you. We are in CA.

10K for my son.
3.77 unweighted
35 ACT
Dietrich

Is what you’re awarded at this stage the max a kid will get or could more scholarships also be awarded later? Also, if a person gets a scholarship now does that mean they likely are not in the running for the competitive ones? Just curious how it works! Thanks!

2 Likes

Yes S24 applied to the Honors College at the same time as the initial application

Adding that we are OOS and also applied to the honors college.

My understanding is things like the Chancellor’s Scholarships are still to come, including because you have to be admitted to Honors first, and would just replace your University Scholarship (what is being offered now).

1 Like

Thanks, that’s helpful! I know those scholarships are extremely hard to get, but was curious how it works. Do they ever award additional scholarships when you get your final package (even if you don’t get the honors college one)? Super excited to get anything at all, but just curious if there might be a chance for more when things shake out in the spring.

When did you apply and when were you accepted?

What’s the “honors college one?” Is there additional merit if accepted to honors college?

have you been awarded merit following your acceptance?

When did you get accepted?

1 Like

when did you get accepted?