Merit Aid, University of Pittsburgh, class of 2028

OOS (Ohio) - Swanson School of Engineering

$10k per year

9/14 - Submitted Common App
10/3 - discovered SRAR remittance issue. Worked with their IT group to match up with submission
10/10 - email that application was under review
10/13 - accepted/reject buttons showed up
10/23 - Guaranteed Acceptance to Masters of Rehabilitation Technology
10/25 - Merit Award

1490 SAT
3.9 UW GPA

2 Likes

In state - Engineering
$10K per year
1530 SAT
3.9 unweighted
National award
Strong leadership etc.

4 Likes

Offered Scholarship $10k/yr (Total $40k). The letter was in the Document Center with no email.

My son’s timeline for OOS Business School is as following:
UW 4.5 SAT 1530

9/20 submitted via Common App
9/21 Pitt downloaded his application
9/25 Received Pitt portal email
9/25 Pitt ID letter in Document Center
10/10 Application status “Complete” and Accept / Reject Button showed up
10/11 Accepted letter & Guaranteed Admission to MBA in Document Center
10/16 Really Cool Personalized Video (email received)
10/24 Scholarship $10k/yr (Total $40k)
Waiting for Honors

3 Likes

Applied to honors at same time.

@NiceUnparticularMan Agree, I have only heard of $20,000 awards for Swanson. Only 15% of students at Pitt get any merit at all. Most are $5,000 a year with some extremely high stats students getting $10,000 in Dietrich.

1 Like

Has anyone received merit for Nursing/BSN program? I don’t hear of much merit for Pitt Nursing so far. Hopefully we will receive some:)

Yes. My D did on 10/17.

10k x 4

Applied in August, accepted 8/29 to Nursing, I believe.

Found this in the acceptance letter page 2:

When will I hear about Pitt Scholarships?
Students submitting a completed application for admission, along with their personal statement or Common Application essay, by December 1, are automatically reviewed for merit scholarships. The Scholarship Committee meets from October through February and reviews admitted candidates on a weekly basis. It is not uncommon for the Committee to review a student’s credentials several times before making a final decision. Therefore, while some
students are informed of a scholarship award shortly after being admitted, many more are not notified until much later.
All students selected to receive a scholarship will be notified no later than March 1.

1 Like

surprised with those stats they didn’t offer more.
makes one wonder who is getting the $20K merit this cycle.

1 Like

surprised with those stats they didn’t offer more.
makes one wonder who is getting the $20K merit this cycle.

Anyone else hear about merit? Been quiet this week.

Check after 7pm on Tuesdays

Daughter’s merit just hit portal. $5,000 a year. Deitrich, poli sci. OOS, Test optional. 3.83 uw/4.1w. Really good ECs which likely offset the lower gpa.

2 Likes

Congratulations!! What was the application complete date and acceptance date please?

@OregonMom2024 was it in the Doc Center or under Financial aid awards ? I can’t remember how they handled this 6 years ago

1 Like

Document center. No email

2 Likes

Classic Pitt

1 Like

App complete 9/28. Buttons 10/13. Personalized email 10/20, snail mail acceptance came today. Merit popped into doc center after 7 pm est today.

1 Like

Same application complete date and buttons appeared date for my daughter. But no merit notification yet. May be next week I hope.

2 Likes

Same everything for us and still nothing.
Taking it as a + sign when considering the stats and total application pkge.

1 Like