Miami Class of 2017

<p>The bottom of the email has an option to unsubscribe, so I read it as a mass email as well.</p>

<p>It was sent to my daughter. Which confused her since she didn’t get that open house one.</p>

<p>It had gotten to the point where her email was full of stuff from colleges she really wasn’t interested in (if we had know, she never would had put her email address on testing paperwork, but created a different one), so she rarely checks. But since we have cleaned it up and “unsubscribed” it is much better and now she checks it every now and then.</p>

<p>I also got the email regarding the accepted students open house. At first it got my hopes up because I thought why would they tell you when the accepted students open house is if you’re not going to be accepted, but I guess it is just a mass email explaining the error on the first open house email sent.
I’m hoping the decisions will be posted soon because UM is my first choice and all this waiting is making me so anxious!</p>

<p>If you are offered a scholarship with acceptance would that entail going to Miami for some sort if interview/weekend thing?</p>

<p>For anyone who was accepted last year, when you log on MyUM to see if you were accepted, do you have to click something to see your admissions decision, or will a letter pop up when you log in?</p>

<p>I got an email about open house today, and I also got the email that said the decision would come up in next month and let me check whether my address is correct. I don’t think the emails mean anything. Don’t worry guys</p>

<p>Okay I did not get the email about the decision being up in the next month or so. But I got the correction email about the Open House for Accepted Students. Did everyone get the second one?</p>

<p>Have any of you guys gotten a FASFA confirmation email? I sent my FASFA in a week ago and haven’t gotten any confirmation. I also have nothing on my MyUM page. I’m starting to worry.</p>

<p>@Lauren32, most of the merit scholarships are automatic based on qualifications (read: SAT scores), but if you do well enough on your qualifications, (say >2200) you may be invited to an interview for the Isaac Bashevis Singer Scholarship, which covers full tuition. You should find out in your acceptance packages</p>

<p><<have any="" of="" you="" guys="" gotten="" a="" fasfa="" confirmation="" email?="" i="" sent="" my="" in="" week="" ago="" and="" haven’t="" confirmation.="" also="" have="" nothing="" on="" myum="" page.="" i’m="" starting="" to="" worry.="">></have></p>

<p>My son’s FAFSA was processed Jan 14th and still wasn’t showing up so I called today. I was told that they haven’t been uploaded yet, and wouldn’t be until later on after the priority dealine date. Until they’re uploaded, there won’t be anything on the My UM page.</p>

<p>A friend called admissions and they said that Acceptances will start to be announced on Friday and continue next week.</p>

<p>Yeah I got that one too</p>

<p>rightofway, </p>

<p>yea I asked and they told me that too! We have 3 days to go!
The anticipation is exciting!</p>

<p>On Friday, my friend told me only 700 applicants will be notified in alphabetical order.</p>

<p>@rightofway
Awesome, I’m excited! Friday can’t get here fast enough…</p>

<p>ALPHABETICAL!</p>

<p>so that means like 700 people will be only A’s</p>

<p>Or will it be a batch of all abc and so on.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Who is your friend and how does she know this? This is stressing people out, big time. You need to reveal the credibility of your source if this is actually true. I am skeptical (although I do know that acceptances went out in batches last year).</p>

<p>I agree with LINYMOM. If that’s true, we won’t hear until another week or so.
You don’t necessarily need to “out” your source, but some verification would be good.</p>

<p>Just called UM. The lady said not all early action files are complete. They were able to tell me my decision is done and they are hoping to release it on February 1st. She also said as soon as they are put in the mail, they will be up on UM. She did not say anything about alphabetical order.</p>

<p>My friend’s source was someone in Admissions. You need to ask the right questions in a certain way. I stand by what my friend told me.</p>