Miami Transfer

wanted to start a transfer fourm for University of Miami transfers!

I’ll start with mine

GPA:. 3.4
Major: Finance
Credits:30

I know its kinda a stretch but I’ve read in alot of places that 3.3 is the transfer average.
Let me know what you have and whether you got in or not!

GPA: 3.5
Major: Economics (Arts and Sciences)
Credits: 30

Im currently taking calculus 1 in order to change my major to finance and enter the business school, but my application will be reviewed as an economics major.

I heard decisions will be going out starting this week and next. Good luck to everyone!

@alfreddsc do you need calc to trasnfer to be a finance major? i was just assuming i could take it while im there

Could be because im an international transfer, but i was told i had to pass calc1 in order to enter the school of business and i had the option to take it at my current university of when i transferred

@alfreddsc where did you hear that decisions would start coming out this week?

Tipped by a friend currently doing an internship in admissions

really? i called admissions and they told me april-mid april… i submitted my application at the end of January…
it’d be awesome if they did it this week.

I applied late January as well. Admissions says it takes 4-6 weeks once your application is complete to hear back

Late january here too. I also read on a post from last years fall transfers that UM answers to transfers on tuesdays on alphabetical order, but not sure if they’ll do that this year.

ugh i wanna hear!!

do they let you know at random times? i wonder if it’s at like 5pm or something.

I’m not sure. It’s pretty much the end of March though.

I’m checking canelink like every day

What was the deadline? End of this month right? Id give them till mid-April.

Yeah, the priority deadline is April 1st. I was told they evaluate it on a rolling basis

Has anyone heard anything?

Nothing yet. Guess we’ll have to wait until next Tuesday.

Hopefully we’ll find out next week. This wait is making me anxious

Same, I’ve been checking my canelink like everyday! Good luck to everyone! I’m so anxious

Do they send you an email?