Miscellaneous Life Ramblings

<p>@jpena127- HOME OF BEYONCE and you couldn’t drop three songs? Are you kidding me??</p>

<p>Wow- Vienna and The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face… love those two songs!! Downloaded!! And London- Part of the Plan, too!! OMG. :)</p>

<p>Three great songs (I love ) that my kids turned me on to ( and I probably would have missed them if they hadn’t turned up the volume) are:</p>

<p>Joseph Arthur- Saints Of Impossible Causes</p>

<p>Beirut- Santa Fe</p>

<p>Broken Bells- The High Road</p>

<p>Honorable Mention- Icona Pop- I love it ( Quite possibly the BEST ERG Song of All Time)</p>

<p>Loved that version of I’ll Take You There, too!!</p>

<p>My spotify feed has doubled in the past 48 hours…</p>

<p>Creepin Up the Back Stairs - the Fratellis
Four Simple Words - Frank Turner
A Song About Love - Jake Bugg</p>

<p>Okay, gotta plug my favorite new singer, Max Gomez. I saw him open for Nancy Griffin this summer and he and his guitar, all by themselves, just kicked it. Check out [Max</a> Gomez - Rule The World [Live] - YouTube](<a href=“Max Gomez - Rule The World [Live] - YouTube”>Max Gomez - Rule The World [Live] - YouTube) and "[Max</a> Gomez - Ball & Chain - Live - 12/04/12 - YouTube](<a href=“Max Gomez - Ball & Chain - Live - 12/04/12 - YouTube”>Max Gomez - Ball & Chain - Live - 12/04/12 - YouTube).</p>

<p>M Ward - Never Had Nobody Like You</p>

<p>Oooh. Love Jake Bugg… but especially “Lightning Bolt”
<a href=“Jake Bugg - Lightning Bolt - Official Video - YouTube”>Jake Bugg - Lightning Bolt - Official Video - YouTube;

<p>@Classicalmama: Max Gomez could be Jimmy Fallon’s twin!</p>

<p>London, if you’re near Boston, he’s playing house of blues on Jan 11th.</p>

<p>Hate where this thread is going because I can’t participate. Music has just been the aural air conditioning of my life. I hear it and it freezes some events in mental places, but I probably can’t name more than an artist or two after 1980. I rode alone in an elevator with Blood, Sweat, and Tears in Las Vegas in 1975 and only knew it because someone pointed it out when I exited. Was there with my dad. We saw Steve Allen instead of Elvis. Oh well. Carry on. It’s fun reading.</p>

<p>ChoatieMom: this is your chance! Look up a few of the songs. You might be surprised. And - there are plenty of good old songs… no need to come past the 1980’s! :)</p>

<p>For ChoatieMom: [Elvis</a> Presley Suspicious Minds Live in Las Vegas (Official Video) - YouTube](<a href=“- YouTube”>- YouTube)</p>

<p>Wait! There’s this one, too!! :): </p>

<p>[Bee</a> Gees - Stayin’ Alive (1977) - YouTube](<a href=“Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive (Official Video) - YouTube”>Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive (Official Video) - YouTube)</p>

<p>^^^Now you’re talkin’ :wink: Did you ever see such a gorgeous man? I’m not going to be able to work for the rest of the day now. Thanks, PhotoMom.</p>

<p>Enjoyed the vid photomom. I still swoon over Elvis - truly the definition of a star!</p>

<p><a href=“- YouTube”>- YouTube;

<p>You guys are so funny.</p>

<p>I rekindled Elvis after watching Disney’s Lilo and Stitch (over and over and over) with kids.
I would happily listen to L & S soundtrack CD (over and over …)</p>

<p>And of course Stayn Alive reminds me the movie Shrek.</p>

<p>No Disney image over this one.</p>

<p><a href=“Baltimora - Tarzan Boy - YouTube”>Baltimora - Tarzan Boy - YouTube;

<p>Payn4ward- The Shrek Soundtrack! [Rufus</a> Wainwright - Hallelujah (shrek) - YouTube](<a href=“Rufus Wainwright - Hallelujah (Shrek Soundtrack Version) - YouTube”>Rufus Wainwright - Hallelujah (Shrek Soundtrack Version) - YouTube) I remember driving around town playing this CD and every time this song came on, I would start sobbing. My kids ( who were very young at the time) would look at me like: What the heck is wrong with Mommy?</p>

<p>And Classicalmama- When my brother (not weird ascot brother- cute hockey player brother) used to head out the door with a bottle of Lancers (do they still make that stuff?) tucked under his arm and a Dire Straits album or cassette in his hand , we knew he was off to woo some poor girl. How elegant!</p>

<p>I feel like I should mention something about BS laundry… Who is entering the E&R “Win A Free $500.00 Wardrobe” contest? My kids have their marching orders. The last winner was from Hotchkiss, I believe!</p>

<p>Speaking of Rufus Wainright:
[“Grey</a> Gardens” by Rufus Wainwright - YouTube](<a href=“"Grey Gardens" by Rufus Wainwright - YouTube”>"Grey Gardens" by Rufus Wainwright - YouTube)</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>The prize is probably just some laundry bag full of “lost” clothes. Maybe my son’s pants will be in it.</p>