Miscellaneous Life Ramblings

Now we’re talking! I must be braindead or something because I totally spaced on EWF and Abba. And I might get side-eye from my husband when he hears Donna Summer come on but I’m going for it. Awesome!!

Thank you so much, @london203 and @ChoatieMom !!! :slight_smile: It’s shaping up to be a Studio 54 Thanksgiving!

Maybe a little Leo Sayer… You make me feel like dancin’ (or clearin’ the table)

(You really don’t want to get me on a disco roll.)

@PhotographerMom KC & the Sunshine Band, Cheryl Lynn, Gloria Gaynor, and Boz Scaggs’ Lowdown are all danceable and fun. Enjoy!

Brick House

and Rapper’s Delight by the Sugarhill Gang which bridges disco and rap.

Don’t Leave Me This Way by Thelma Houston:
https://youtu.be/rvUMTpenVRI

Great suggestions!!! Thank you so much !! :slight_smile:

(quietly downloading Shazam)
Ahem, AppStore shows a downarrow, meaning I had downloaded it before but it was not on my current phone. Well, I have no such recollection. I’m not only techno-unsavy but have memory lapse as well. :frowning:
Oh, did not read about Siri. oh well.

80’s Disco :
Baltimora - Tarzan Boy
Joy - Touch by touch

Wham - Wake me up before you go go
Flashdance… what a feeling
MJ - Billie Jean, Thriller, The way you make me feel, etc
Tainted Love
Don’t you want me
Dirty dancing sound track

The kids are home and our current soundtrack is an endless repeat of my daughter screaming, “Get out of the shower!” to her brother. :slight_smile:

I’m just back from seeing Greta Gerwig’s “Lady Bird” with the family. Really enjoyed it and think it will be considered very an important picture in the vein of “The Graduate” or “Boyhood”.

Loved loved loved LadyBird!!!

@ChoatieMom ABBA! This thread warms my heart. For disco, I’ll add KC & the Sunshine Band and Michael Jackson to the list. @PhotographerMom If your willing to stray from disco during the louder phase, I’d add some classic sing-a-long tunes; Black Betty, Dancin’ in the Moonlight, Escape (the Pina Colada Song), Bohemian Rhapsody, Let’s Get it On, Play that Funky Music, and of course - I Will Survive! Then sit back and watch your young and old play kitchen fork Karaoke. :slight_smile:

@PhotographerMom , you could add Madonna to the playlist. Always found that made the housework go faster…

For disco, the top song in my book is Cheryl Lynn’s “To Be Real”…

There was a pbs special on disco that had a cd that was an incredible catalog of those songs called (I think) Get down tonight: the disco explosion. Pretty sure you can see what’s on it on Amazon. Have thought about buying it for my time machine…

I know I’m probably as late to the Atlanta TV series as Photographer mom was to Shazam, but started watching it last night and am digging it.

and don’t forget “Brick House”. Surely a necessary addition?

We were on a longish car ride this weekend and listened to the entire American Top 40 episode from Nov 1973. It was pure pleasure! We sang pretty much every song at the top of our voices. It did us good. :slight_smile:

Suffice it to say that my “Oldies and Goodies” playlist on Spotify increased in size by quite a bit.

Also, new guilty pleasure: Riverdale. Season 1 is on Netflix and for those of us that read Archie comic books back in the day (wow! am I ever dating myself), it is a fun, creative modern take. I am not ashamed to admit, I am enjoying it! And it is fun to see Luke Perry as a serious dad vs. bad boy from 90210.

Coming up for air long enough to thank everyone for their awesome disco suggestions and to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving!!

I shared my playlist plan with one sibling ( aka- the wrong sibling… but a fun one ) which turned into the most epic debate over Blondie and if the song Rapture was considered disco… and we’re still going at it! OMG. We’re five again.

Same brother who insists that Jenny from Love Story was a gold digger who knew exactly what she was doing. He definitely knows how to get it going. That one started at a dinner party last February and is still going strong. It got so heated and ridiculous that we ( all the sibs ) started signing Team Jenny or Team Oliver under our names during group emails.

I love my family so much …

Anyway- FWIW- I believe the song Rapture is a disco song so it made the cut ( at #1 ) - and I added all the songs suggested here- so- many, many thanks!! BTW- It should surprise no one that this sib actually wanted me to add Frankie Goes to Hollywood… which was met with a resounding “No”. Not even a chance. I don’t care if it’s fun to dance to. With our 80 and over crowd, we’re exposed to enough medical emergencies on Thanksgiving without actually begging for one … My House- My Rules and I’m feeling the power! Team Jenny all the way!

Happy Thanksgiving :slight_smile: .

Cheers and stay safe out there! :slight_smile: