Miscellaneous Life Ramblings

So pinned!

ChoatieSergeant comes home Friday night. We are celebrating his 21st on Saturday. These cocktails may come in handy… for me and ChoatieDad, at least. :wink:

Cheers!

It’s 5 o’clock somewhere. Until it’s later though happy to sit and watch the snow drip off the trees. Half the town has no power (sadly) but we are in a winter wonderland. Always use snow days to do creative things or just watch movies. Glad we don’t have to go out.

Ok…I know we suggested a playlist for the chilr’ns but I just had several songs come on in a row that I thought would be a good parent M10 playlist start…to go with the drinkage. Feel free to add, as we’d like the party to last more than one drink!
Freak Out - Le Chic
I will Survive- Gloria Gaynor
Don’t Stop Me Now - Queen
You make Me Feel Like Dancing - Leo Sayer
Don’t Stop Believing - Journey

I could listen to “Don’t Stop Me Now” 10 times in a row and never get sick of it.

DS suggested Dont try Suicide by Queen…it is one of our favorites, but I told him we shouldn’t add that until the drinks had been flowing for a bit…not quite the pc song, although full of dark humor.

Kelly Clarkson - For A Moment Like This…of course ony for good news :slight_smile: For Bad News, Coldplay “You’re a sky full of stars”

Good news: Celebration (Kool and the Gang)
Bad news: Boulevard of Broken Dreams (Green Day)
Either news: Sapphire martini, bruised, with a twist and two olives

Bad news: Kelly Clarkson - Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You)
I had it on all day November… 9th, 2016.
Reminds me that I should get my knitting thing going again.

An all Earth Wind and Fire list:

Acceptance: Shining Star
Rejection: Reasons
Waitlist: Got to Get You into My Life

Oooh, I LOVE @london203’s list. Like, like, like, like, like.

For both, but better for bad news/rejection: “This is Me,” from “The Greatest Showman”

When the sharpest words wanna cut me down
I’m gonna send a flood, gonna drown them out
I am brave, I am bruised
I am who I’m meant to be, this is me
Look out 'cause here I come
And I’m marching on to the beat I drum
I’m not scared to be seen
I make no apologies, this is me

No apologies, baby. Be who you are, and let the acceptances and rejections fall where they may!!!

Excellent advice @preppedparent and something I have long believed. If a school doesn’t want you as you are then it may not be the right school.

It may not be the right school, maybe, but more importantly, they couldn’t see something special, and its their loss.

We are the Champions by Queen !!!

I’ve started early !!! Having a mimosa!!

We are our kids number one fan during good and bad times. Would you agree ?

DS said today’s song should be “The Waiting” by Tom Petty. His classes were cancelled again today. I’m usually an old school rock, but for the Waitlisted, I like Whatever It Takes by Imagine Dragons. And @preppedparent The Greatest Showman has the best soundtrack!! Great pick!!

@mamaparadox. I’m my kids #1 fan unless they screw up royally…then they are their dad’s kid.

Hold on! Do we mix the fireball and Rumchatta together or are we having 2 separate shots? Either way, I’m in!