Miscellaneous Life Ramblings

I stopped myself from adding a bit of snark there, @carpoolingma. :wink:

@carpoolingma that’s a very polite way of assessing the situation. Of course, not many of them have read the post M10 directions either, so at least they’re consistent :-?

Me too. But on further reflection, I’m going to give a bit of advice. Just a suggestion for parents, in case they have not reviewed with your kids (not tat they’d listen :slight_smile: ). It’s not a big thing on this site, but when the kid goes to boarding school (and later to college) they really need to follow directions. Aside from the obvious handbook rules, if the chem exam says round to 2 significant figures, it does not mean 3 significant figures. If the Russian exam says write in Cyrillic script, it means don’t print. Instructors will deduct points, and the opportunities for regrades/retakes/extra credit don’t exist.

To change the subject… here is one of my kid’s answers in a recent questionnaire given by her advisor.

Q: When things get tough or you have a bad day, how do you respond or recover (how do you take care of yourself in stressful situations, who do you turn to at SPS)?
A: **Usually call my mom. ** […]

And that’s how mom has developed a phone-triggered PTSD. 8-X (A note to new BS parents to brush up on their counseling skills, cognitive behavioral therapy skills, motivational interviewing or persuasion techniques, and anything else they may have picked up along the way.)

You deserve a raise, @skieurope… or at least a bonus after A10.

I’m still looking for the “non-like” button.

@preppedparent just a gentle “thumbs down” button!

I’m completely addicted to Sneaky Pete on Amazon… Season 2 is finally here!!

I was wondering about sneaky Pete. I saw it in my prime feed last night.

I just started watching the Alienist. Very interesting show indeed, although the subject matter is quite disturbing.

Disturbing is when a parent is only willing to pay for the “best” car decal.

^^first time parents probably misinformed, loved your “get them a CC account, we’ll take it from here.” My first is already graduating from college. The second is half way through. I made so many mistakes helping them through the BS/college admissions process, even though I tried to educate myself very early on. You learn by your mistakes.

So true! :slight_smile:

“Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.”
General Simon Bolivar Buckner, Jr. *

• Who was killed on Okinawa by artillery when he visited a forward observation post, despite the warning from another post that his three stars were clearly visible.

Omg. Now I’m going to have to go view the train wreck. I’d been avoiding it, but these comments are too compelling. I’m just going to disable my keyboard before I do. I don’t want to be called into @skieurope ‘s office for a stern “talking to”

New topic and idea: Is it OK if we revive or update the Parent Resources thread?

Why not- go for it!! :slight_smile:

I’m grumpy. I have a hole in my house…

That must have been some huge tree, @PhotographerMom. What kind was it?

@Golfgr8 Just checked and that thread has been closed. Not sure if it should be created anew or if a moderator would reopen it @skieurope