Miscellaneous Life Ramblings

Wow… @cameo43 the year’s already over? That’s crazy! So glad you’ll get to spend time with cameogirl soon!!

@buuzn03 I’m surprised the majority are self tours. Times may have changed. Like I said, we did ALL our tours and interviews in the summer. I definitely remember going on tours. They may have bee led by day students who were working in admissions or admissions staff.

Love the new avatar @preppedparent ! We are going too early in the summer. Had we gone mid-summer we would’ve gotten a student led tour. Some schools were getting out the Saturday before and some will be in finals week. So, we will have to make do. Hmmm. But maybe I can get some local CCers to give us the “grand VIP” tours!!! Hint hint! Lol

yes, all these new avatars and website “updates” are impressive. I feel like I’ve graduated. Is the tassle on the right side? haha. thanks

I think we have a new CC interface; looks like the “cap and tassel” is the new default avatar for anyone who has not defined one.

I wish they’d put a cap and tassel on Sam…maybe we’d appear smarter. :-B

^^^Even without the cap, Sam seems very pensive and wise for his or her years.

Really sad that both girls will be away this summer. Just want to let y’all know that my July is wide open. Will be drowning our sorrows on the deck most evenings. Come have a cocktail behind Mohonk and we can brainstorm re @ChoatieMom’s boarding school/assisted living campus. I believe the concept has legs…too bad the original Northfield campus is no longer available.

Also I had two CC “saves” this cycle via PM! I helped one very confused international family successfully maneuver from FA wait list to FP admit and helped Darrow land a new duckling. So cheers to the CC parents here whose advice has helped so many find their perfect fit and then navigate the gauntlet to admittance. It is great how many of you give back.

I know that adorable duckling… well done, @chemmchimney! Your deck sounds lovely… so I am hoping to see you in July! :slight_smile:

Good job, @chemmchimney! Sign me up for assisted living (with full FA, please). :slight_smile:

When I said I had paid the last tuition bill, I was right. However, I had forgotten about AP exams. :frowning:

@twinsmama: for me, it’s prom tix, athletic training (being a D1 recruit means putting in work!), etc.

@SevenDad OMG, there’s prom, too! Oh well, maybe the kids will throw me a quarter when they find me in the gutter someday. (Does anyone else out there know and love the album “Songs of the Cat” by Garrison Keillor and Frederica von Stade? If so, you’ll get the parent in the gutter reference.)

My high school senior had prom last weekend, and I had one of those moments of “oh, I won’t be with my other boys when they are heading off to prom.” I know it’s all worth it.

Not that I ever doubted y’all because that would be stupid. But DS just got his room lottery number and it’s bad so he is STRESSING

@buuzn03: Just an anecdote but the lottery put ChoatieKid in the “worst” dorm his junior year–all the rooms looked like prison cells, and the building was old and ugly. He was depressed about the prospect all summer. At Parents Weekend that year we learned that he LOVED that small dorm as it turned out that the mix of kids that were put there that year were the most fun group he was ever surrounded by (all boys, some trouble). You just never know how these things will turn out. Hugs until it turns out, though.

What sucks for one person may be ideal for another. That’s why my standard answer on “what dorm is best” is: The dorm you are in is the best one.

He’s not worried about which dorm…he’s already said he’d stay in the worst dorm as long as he can have a single…being an introvert means being alone is his recharge…my suggestion to him is, if he doesn’t get a single…find someone who lives really close by and goes home a lot on the weekends to double up with!!! Lol

Non-sequitur, but have I shared this song before (probs):
https://youtu.be/Epgo8ixX6Wo

I heard Tracey Thorn interviewed this week in connection with a new album she’s releasing, and it made me nostalgic for Everything But The Girl and her cameo on this classic Massive Attack song.