Miscellaneous Life Ramblings

<p>I thought you posted it b/c CC was sinking, LoL </p>

<p>payn4ward- I did!! I couldn’t resist after needtoboard’s post. The video was in the forefront of my mind and I couldn’t stop laughing. Sorry CC!! (she says as she sheepishly exits the room…)</p>

<p>I think it’s quiet because everyone’s dealing with snow shoveling or covering up pipes, etc. </p>

<p>I’m back! No worries… I will be butting in with my two cents any day now. :)</p>

<p>Has anyone gotten the Tapatalk iphone app to work after the update? </p>

<p>Does anyone else have parents who expect their grandkids to be featured in every issue of the school magazine, and voice their concern when nary a photo of said grandchildren can be found? ;-P</p>

<p>This thread is called “Miscellaneous” so here is an article which you may find interesting reading… <a href=“Opinion | What Drives Success? - The New York Times”>Opinion | What Drives Success? - The New York Times;

<p>I don’t know if somebody already vented about this on this thread but why do AOs tell the kids, “I definitely see you being a great fit here”, or “I think you would be perfect for…(insert school name here)”. I did a bit of eavesdropping during my DK’s Skype interview and the AO said that in addition to, “I look forward to seeing…I mean, keeping in touch with you as we continue to look through your application.” Just tell the kid, thanks for your time and for considering X school and we will be in touch. Why all the BS???</p>

<p>There’s no BS like BS.</p>

<p>Every time my brother reads over my shoulder and sees BS, he thinks it’s BS.</p>

<p>Hahahaha +1 ChoatieMom and SG3…love it</p>

<p>I do mine and my mom’s laundry, brother does his. My mom likes to say, “how many prospective parents are just worried about who will do their laundry?”</p>

<p>I’m hoping that other thread gets buried deep…
SG3, I’m sure most other moms will rejoice with very little laundry to do. :)</p>

<p>^^ Yes, bury that thread. It really is like watching a car wreck. And all our comments were like one, huge virtual gaper delay.</p>

<p>Can anyone get CC to work on their smartphone? It doesn’t work on mine - I checked for an app update but don’t see one.</p>

<p>Not me. Mine is still infinitely “Loading…”
If someone gets it working, please let us know. Till then, browser it is.</p>

<p>It’s working fine on my Windows phone and looks better than on my computer screen. </p>

<p>On your smart phone, just use your web browser to go to the regular CC website, instead of using the CC App. There’s a mobile version of the website, and it works well on my phone.</p>

<p>You win, GMT. Best Profile Pic Ever.</p>

<p>K2 called and asked about gift ideas for a girl he likes, but spent the entire time saying it’s “nothing serious”. Did he think I was going to start planning the Rehearsal Dinner? So here’s a question BS Parents: Do you know your kid’s girlfriend or boyfriend? Do they share details… like a name? Or do they act like they’re in The Witness Protection Program like K2? </p>

1 Like