Miscellaneous Life Ramblings

So two very “miscellaneous” things.

1. I feel like @skieurope is on a “close-old-threads” binge and I low-key loving reading the weird problems of ten years ago that are showing up as recently modified in my feed. (I guess closing a thread means it’s technically “modified?”)
  2. It seems like in the new interface, people can “withdraw” their posts and I keep wondering what mysterious things are people posting that they are then regretting and “withdrawing” (but that the site wants to keep up with a notice that it will take 24-hours for it to happen.)

(Yep. Very miscellaneous.)

3 Likes

We’ve had another “blizzard” here in Texas.

2 Likes

Re: Old Threads: Some of the older threads could at times get a little combative, so glad to see a more civil tone. At the same time, it seems to me people are less willing to offer unvarnished opinions, at least compared to the “old” CC days.

1 Like

Apparently you were not on the non-BS Class of 21 thread yesterday. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

OK, gotta go check it out! Let me guess, it has something to do with college matriculation?

No. Just general lack of civil behavior.

We were funnier back then, too.

Hmmm… Maybe we should start an “Unvarnished Opinion” thread, similar to the one @SevenDad started back in the “old” CC days:

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/t/the-curmudgeon-glass-half-full-thread

Of course, it was shut down when it really got going (that was fun), so we DO need another attempt.

3 Likes

And here I thought I had read every dang thread. How do you remember these oldies but goodies?

I am all in on cranky-posting.

2 Likes

My head is full of useless information.

It’s true. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Omg @ChoatieMom Thank you for that breath of fresh air!! I have said all of those posts out loud at home multiple times.

We definitely need to revive such threads- I miss @SevenDad and the crew of the good ol’ days.

1 Like

@ChoatieMom How did you remember that 8 year old thread? :thinking:

Would love to revive something similar acceptable to our Mods. In the meantime, and @skieurope, please don’t delete this, I really am not quoting anyone in particular…

If I see one more “if I don’t get into these top 3 boarding schools, that’s ok, I have a great public school nearby and I don’t want to go to a lesser boarding school”, :hot_face:

4 Likes

I like the above post!

Hope everyone is ok. I have not been on due to dealing with COVID and not having an easy time of it. If anyone has questions or sees questions relating to anything I can help with, please DM me. I will get a notice in my mailbox. Just too tired to deal with the main threads on here. Hope your and your kiddos are all well…sorry that so many of our kids are unable to go back this term or will have a short term …good luck to applicants! Please take good care everyone!

6 Likes

I’m confused. Is there any opinion other than unvarnished??

3 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

So sorry to hear you are dealing with covid @Golfgr8.

Be well. :heart:

1 Like

Thanks so much🙏please take good care of yourself and your family❤️

Let me know how it all goes this year!

Feel better, @Golfgr8 :kissing_heart:

1 Like

What madness is this where we are forced to write in one medium, then painstakingly cut and paste into another, with minimal formatting, if at all.

We’re talking to you, SAO/Gateway.

(Just like CC, er, I mean the OLD College Confidential…)

1 Like

Has anyone had the issue when you log in to CC, that it tells you your password is invalid, yet all you have to do is click on “Forums” or “colleges” and it will bring up your account with you signed in? This happens to me when I log in. Every. SIngle. Time.