Miscellaneous Life Ramblings

Little things like the cherries and bitters are key. They complete the drink. I will drink Beam and Diet Coke too, but that’s more a dive bar drink and not a “nice” drink. If you are going to use good booze, don’t ruin it with a cherry from a $.99 jar of cherries or skip the bitters.

Or just drink the good booze with a single ice cube. That’s probably my most common drink. Bourbon or Scotch with a single ice cube to cool a bit and revive it a bit, but not enough to dilute it.

1 Like

:astonished:

The smoker was a Christmas present, @dadof4kids:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZW9S4CD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It works great on cheeses, too.

2 Likes

BOULEVARDIER (basically a Negroni using bourbon or rye in place of gin; often somewhat heavier on the bourbon/rye than the amount of gin in a negroni).

1-2 parts bourbon/rye
1 part sweet vermouth
1 part Campari

1 Like

Beer: Open bottle. Drink. Repeat. :grin:

5 Likes

Lovely martini glass. I collected that same vintage pattern with the red rim in college and after. I donated them to a school auction awhile ago and they fetched a pretty penny. Very happy to see them again.

1 Like

Eat clean, drink clean. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Taylor Fladgate 20 year tawny port and a wedge of soft blue cheese.
:wine_glass: :cheese:

2 Likes

This thread has finally become inspirational!

3 Likes

We have a ton of vintage stemware, highballs, cordials, snifters, flutes, etc. @SweetBoy1. We found those funky little martini glasses in a flea market near Salem harbor. My favorite is a set of these tiny etched crystal liqueurs that I found in an antique shop in Marblehead, MA. They hold about two sips of Chambord–a perfect nightcap.

1 Like

It was fine, but nothing special. I think I should have upped the Hendricks, it got lost in the coffee and coconut. I just used aromatic bitters because I thought I would start with a more neutral flavor.

I did shake vigorously per the recipe which is why there is a bit of foam and ice shards on top.

3 Likes

if only I was not allergic to beer…

The recipe also works for wine.

1 Like

But what beer, what wine? C’mon @skieurope, work with us here!

1 Like

Oh!! I think I can follow that recipe then…I will give it a try and see what happens.

anyone know of the best pairing for Buffalo Chicken Dip?

Here are a few suggestions:

1. A good lager, just something refreshing like Longboard
  2. An IPA, the floral and malt can contrast the heat and salt
  3. Something a bit different, last summer I was drinking a fair amount of a grapefruit radler with buffalo wings and it went well. It is local, but there are others I’m sure where you are. This can be a bit harder to find in winter though.

@dadof4kids I will need a wine. Alas, I am allergic to beer…and anything with malt

You said that a few posts earlier, I should have picked that up. I enjoy wines but I’m less of a wine guy so ymmv on my advice here.

I think a white or pinot would get overwhelmed, although I guess it depends on how hot we are talking. I would probably go with a Zin or Shiraz because they can stand up to the buffalo, but then that’s my wine answer to lots of things so maybe that’s off.

1 Like

A party?

( :rofl: Sometimes I crack myself up.)

I can’t do beer either, @buuzn03, and my wine preferences are not popular. Perhaps Google can help:

Maybe this

or

This

etc.

1 Like