Miscellaneous Life Ramblings

Maybe @Golfgr8 could take you to the river?

1 Like

Talking Heads are a favorite in this house!

2 Likes

@buuzn03 You would find the interview and podcast with David Byrne very interesting - he shares a lot about himself and his high-school self being drawn to music.

2 Likes

Nice avatar :grin:

1 Like

Since this is Miscellaneous Ramblings…glad someone recognized Thurston Howell III…FWIW, I did get to meet Tina Louise (Ginger) a couple of times while living-working in NYC. We worked on a literacy volunteer project and a Holiday gift drive for hospitalized children. Kind and smart woman.

4 Likes

TBH, I initially just noticed it changed. But I did recognize Mr. Howell when I saw the larger avatar in your profile. Even if I did not recognize him, he has been mentioned a few times this week.

1 Like

wait-- you did not recognize him??? Wow-- I guess this is why I am a “senior” member.

2 Likes

I recognized him after I enlarged the avatar. On the thread, avatars are too small for me to see clearly.

Not to worry though, this week I did have a real-life today-I-learned moment that would likely leave many users, especially those that read the This Is Us thread, shaking their heads in disbelief.

1 Like

Oh-- like with @photographermom The avatar was so small, I always thought her camera was a turtle. :rofl:

1 Like

Exactly. I could only see a guy in a captains hat.

You don’t get off that easily on this thread, @skieurope, and you know that. Spill the beans, please. I’m sure plenty of people here watch that show.

3 Likes

OK. So it turns out that the actor playing Beth’s mother is the sister of the actor that plays Catherine Fox on Grey’s Anatomy. :flushed:

Ski, If it makes you feel any better, I have no idea what you are talking about- - I never saw either show.

2 Likes

Um, ski, most of us immediately recognize Phylicia Rashad as Clair Huxtable. What is this Grey’s Anatomy of which you speak? :wink:

(Thurston, dear, someone mentioned “anatomy.” Can you move my fan a bit faster? Perfect.)

5 Likes

Maybe he thought it was a turtle!

(If you have been on here long enough you will know what that means)

1 Like

I was going for 21st century references. But if it’s easier, she (the sister of Clair Huxtable) was the dance instructor in Fame. Does the generational reference help? :imp:

1 Like

Here is one for @skieurope …from Thurston Howell III (keep in mind this was from the 60s)

“Heavens a Yale man!”

1 Like

That’s what I remember!!! The dance teacher from FAME! (I wanna live forever)

1 Like

Yup. I’ve posted that a couple of times before. E.g.

2 Likes

I did it! I found the end of the thread. I have missed A LOT of cocktails and pizza and also forgot to freak out. I have missed you CC friends. I am not going to risk posting a puppy picture yet or surely I will never find you again but I am here for all things New Paltz and Mohonk. Fun fact Chimneykid2 who deferred this year is a server at Mohonk now (and we live in their very sizable back yard). Very happy that some great newbies as well as old friends have made it to the revisits round. A toast to all!

4 Likes