Miscellaneous Life Ramblings

<p>Do they ask that question to women applicants as well?</p>

<p>p.s. I was being sarcastic in my reply above. I should have refrained. I know it’s hard to hear online. </p>

<p>I would hope they don’t really ask that question of anyone.</p>

<p>Actually it’s on the website of frequently asked questions. Really. Follow the link that Phtographermom posted and go to Economics. Appalling.</p>

<p>@HarvestMoon- My personal favorite is: Explain Naomi Campbell’s life. ( Law question )</p>

<p>So… Is New Wave music making a comeback? </p>

<p>I know we shared the music we loved many pages ago, but remember this one? <a href=“New Order - True Faith - YouTube”>New Order - True Faith - YouTube; My boys were working out (to very loud music) this morning and one of them had this gem on their playlist. I was cracking up… I know the video is totally bizarre, but wasn’t sure people would remember New Order. Plus- the song “True Faith” seemed appropriate with so many people waiting for M10. :slight_smile: </p>

<p>Not only do I remember New Order, I still listen to them. :slight_smile:
But I have always had superior taste in music. LOL</p>

<p>New Order/Joy Division = part of the soundtrack of my youth. :x </p>

<p>@london203- So funny- I was cleaning the kitchen and I was like: I know that song! OMG, I love that song!! I almost didn’t mention it because I thought we had already covered that ground here ( and CM would say, Here we go again…)… but I thought it would be fun to throw it out there (just in case a nervous parent waiting for M10 wanted to dance! 80’s music!!!). Some people clean… some people dance… when I’m stressed out- I do both! My house was spotless every M10. I’m pretty sure I vacuumed the dog, too. :)</p>

<p>I’m curious what parents are doing to cope this year… </p>

<p>I downloaded a lot of New Order music today @Rellielou !!</p>

<p>For me, it’s just nice to know I still have a pulse :)</p>

<p>OH NEW ORDER!!! LOVE them!!! This was my favorite, though:
<a href=“New Order - Bizarre Love Triangle Music Video - YouTube”>New Order - Bizarre Love Triangle Music Video - YouTube! Thanks for the flashbacks to high school!!! LOL!</p>

<p>New who?</p>

<p>Joy Division became New Order when the lead singer committed suicide. This is the biggest Joy Division hit: <a href=“Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart [OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO] - YouTube”>Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart [OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO] - YouTube; Breaks my heart every time. </p>

<p>ChoatieMom, either you are a lot younger than the rest of us, or you were a deprived youth. :wink: </p>

<p>@ChoatieMom Congratulations on becoming a Senior Member! (Senior Member is actually code for “you spend way too much time on here.”)</p>

<p>Rellie: I turned off the radio in the 80’s, the TV in the 90’s.</p>

<p>Star: I thought CC had just figured out my age.</p>

<p>ChoatieMom has mentioned that she opted out of the pop music scene years ago.*</p>

<p>Songs that 7D1 and I currently enjoy (also on her tournament “psyche up” mix):
Big Data: “Dangerous”
Bastille: “Pompei” and “Bad Blood”
Chvrches: “The Mother We Share”
Fitz & The Tantrums: “The Walker”
Aloe Blacc: “I’m The Man”</p>

<p>*This post crossed paths with ChoateMom’s post above…</p>

<p>anyone else having trouble getting logged out of CC involuntarily?</p>

<p>yes , all the time</p>

<p>PhotographerMom: you might like to try BeatsMusic if you have an iPhone. The playlists they come up with shoot me straight back to my youth – every thing from Steely Dan to New Order. I did the 7-day trial and can’t stop listening. Might even have to subscribe when the trial is finished. </p>

<p>Great version of BTL:</p>

<p><a href=“Frente! - Bizarre Love Triangle - YouTube”>Frente! - Bizarre Love Triangle - YouTube;

<p>Note that post above with songs should have been attributed to 7D2, not her older sister.</p>

<p>@SevenDad- That and over capacity messages. Sometimes I get server messages while I’m writing a post, too. I just take that one as a sign… Don’t post that PM. Don’t do it!!</p>

<p>In other news… my grocery bills have tripled overnight and I’m going to need to get my hearing checked 4/1.</p>

<p>And the dog has officially found refuge underneath the sofa… Don’t even get me started on the laundry. </p>