Miscellaneous Life Ramblings

<p>I am not sure. I will say that Bean boots are not known for breathability… based on the pair she wears now, they will be going in the trash at the end of the school year! LOL</p>

<p>@classicalmama I’ve made 100s of videos over the years for client’s, friends, and family, ages 14-80. George Lucas was right when he said [paraphrasing], “the sound and music are 50% of the entertainment in a movie.” Like a Hallmark card, the song’s lyrics may perfectly compliment the videographer’s pictures/video, evoking a deeper emotion, no matter the age of the viewer. </p>

<p>One other thing that is very effective is adding impromptu storytelling/voice over. If you have time (and you may not), sit down around the kitchen table with your DS/family, especially grandparents (maybe 30 minutes) and reminisce. Just let the audio recorder on your device run. Talk about the time periods/topics that you might want to highlight in the video. Then grab your favorite “voice clips.” The clips that you include in the video are very short, maybe 15-30 seconds, and are meant to simply narrate the story of pictures. Here is an example. Does he have a favorite memory of family vacation? If so, add his words to those pics. Or if he has a sibling, was there a memorable moment between them? It does require a lot more work, but a finished product that includes voiceover comes to life. Anyways, here is a list of songs to that you may find work well with your themes. Good luck and congrats to your DS.</p>

<p>Sports –
American Child/Phil Vassar
<a href=“Phil Vassar - American Child - YouTube”>Phil Vassar - American Child - YouTube;

<p>The Fighter/Gym Class Heroes (this works well for teens – it’s relatively current)
<a href=“Gym Class Heroes: The Fighter ft. Ryan Tedder [OFFICIAL VIDEO] - YouTube”>Gym Class Heroes: The Fighter ft. Ryan Tedder [OFFICIAL VIDEO] - YouTube;

<p>This is What it Feels Like/Armin van Buuren
<a href=“Armin van Buuren feat. Trevor Guthrie - This Is What It Feels Like (Official Music Video) - YouTube”>Armin van Buuren feat. Trevor Guthrie - This Is What It Feels Like (Official Music Video) - YouTube;

<p>All Star/Smash Mouth
<a href=“Smash Mouth - All Star (Official Music Video) - YouTube”>Smash Mouth - All Star (Official Music Video) - YouTube;

<p>Keep Your Head Up/Andy Grammar
<a href=“Andy Grammer - Keep Your Head Up (+ Lyrics) Album out now! - YouTube”>Andy Grammer - Keep Your Head Up (+ Lyrics) Album out now! - YouTube;

<p>Centerfield/John Fogarty (if a baseball player)
The Boys of Fall/Kenny Chesney (if football)
We are the Champions/Queen
Eye of the Tiger/Survivor</p>

<p>Friends –
In My Life/Beatles
<a href=“The Beatles - In My Life - YouTube”>The Beatles - In My Life - YouTube;

<p>I’ll Be There for You (Friend’s Theme)/Rembrandts
<a href=“The Rembrandts - I'll Be There For You (HD) + Lyrics - YouTube”>The Rembrandts - I'll Be There For You (HD) + Lyrics - YouTube;

<p>Never Say Goodbye/Bon Jovi
<a href=“Bon Jovi - Never Say Goodbye (Lyrics) - YouTube”>Bon Jovi - Never Say Goodbye (Lyrics) - YouTube;

<p>Good Feeling/Flo Rida
<a href=“Flo Rida - Good Feeling(Lyrics on screen) - YouTube”>Flo Rida - Good Feeling(Lyrics on screen) - YouTube;

<p>Time of Your Life/Green Day
<a href=“Green day - Time of your life with lyrics - YouTube”>Green day - Time of your life with lyrics - YouTube;

<p>Good place to insert songs he really likes with pics of friends</p>

<p>Family -
My Wish/Rascal Flatts
<a href=“My Wish - YouTube”>My Wish - YouTube;

<p>Bryan Adams – Here I am (good for baby pics)
<a href=“- YouTube”>- YouTube;

<p>Pictures of You/The Last Goodnight
<a href=“Pictures of You by The Last Goodnight - YouTube”>Pictures of You by The Last Goodnight - YouTube;

<p>Carol King – So Far Away (when one moves away particularly “far away”)
<a href=“Boston Strong - Carole King - "So Far Away" with James Taylor - LIVE - YouTube”>Boston Strong - Carole King - "So Far Away" with James Taylor - LIVE - YouTube;

<p>Chantal Kreviazuk – Time
<a href=“Chantal Kreviazuk- "Time" (Live) - YouTube”>Chantal Kreviazuk- "Time" (Live) - YouTube;

<p>Who Says You Can’t Go Home/Bon Jovi and Jennifer Nettles
<a href=“Bon Jovi, Jennifer Nettles - Who Says You Can't Go Home - YouTube”>Bon Jovi, Jennifer Nettles - Who Says You Can't Go Home - YouTube;

<p>Balancing the World/Eliot Morris – great words - listen to on itunes
Sweet Child O’ Mine/Guns and Roses (if you want to show your rock side)</p>

<p>Music/drama-
Seasons of Love from Rent/I like the Glee version

<p>Defying Gravity/Idina Menzel
<a href=“Idina Menzel - Defying Gravity (from LIVE: Barefoot at the Symphony) - YouTube”>Idina Menzel - Defying Gravity (from LIVE: Barefoot at the Symphony) - YouTube;

<p>You Get What You Give (You’ve Got the Music in You)/New Radicals
<a href=“LYRICS New Radicals - You Get What You - YouTube”>LYRICS New Radicals - You Get What You - YouTube;

<p>Where the Music Takes You/Ari Gold
<a href=“Go Where The Music Takes You - YouTube”>Go Where The Music Takes You - YouTube;

<p>I Hope You Dance/Lee Ann Womack
Listen to the Music/The Doobie Brothers</p>

<p>Scouts -
On Top of the World/Imagine Dragons
<a href=“Imagine Dragons - On Top of the World - Lyrics - YouTube”>Imagine Dragons - On Top of the World - Lyrics - YouTube;

<p>Good Life/One Republic
<a href=“"Good Life" One Republic + Lyrics - YouTube”>"Good Life" One Republic + Lyrics - YouTube;

<p>Fireflies/Owl City
<a href=“Owl City - Fireflies (Lyrics) - YouTube”>Owl City - Fireflies (Lyrics) - YouTube;

<p>Little Wonders/Rob Thomas
<a href=“Rob Thomas Little Wonders[ORIGINAL Version] - YouTube”>Rob Thomas Little Wonders[ORIGINAL Version] - YouTube;

<p>Misc – instrumental when you don’t need words
The Rippingtons – Big Sky (great background and tempo when you have narration)
<a href=“The Rippingtons - BIG SKY feat Russ Freeman - YouTube”>The Rippingtons - BIG SKY feat Russ Freeman - YouTube;

<p>And the most popular song used to promote upcoming movies
Bruce and Linda/Randy Edelman – great for dramatic moments

<p>Test.</p>

<p>Test 2 (Playing with the edit time window and other features)…apologies.</p>

<p>Test? You passed. :)</p>

<p>Hah!</p>

<p>BTW, I’ve noticed two things about the new and improved CC:

1. Edit window was 1 hour in new system, now 15 minutes.
  2. No need for “10 char” of short posts.</p>

<p>Sorry, 7D. I’ve given this interface a chance and still think it stinks. Too much white space, some functionality gone (and confirmed), harder to track posts and search for things, etc. I don’t feel the balance of new or improved features outweighs what was lost. Obviously, we’re stuck with this, but I still say yuck.</p>

<p>Aaaand, due to new edit window, it’s too late for me to put “new and improved” in quotes.</p>

<p>I knew what you meant.</p>

<p>Hah, you know what’s funny…I just tried to edit that last post with a smiley and missed my opportunity…the gear drop down said I had 3 seconds!</p>

<p>I noticed the edit window as well. No me gusta. Remember how next to the prep school subforums, it used to say when they were last edited? I miss that too. </p>

<p>Anything posted in brackets doesn’t seem to show up. [Or does it?]</p>

<p>Correction: Words don’t show up if they’re typed in brackets on mobile. </p>

<p>And in new system, it’s possible to make duplications of post. </p>

<p>“Improved” is generous…</p>

<p>I’ve been at home today (without much food in the house) and I finally broke down and tasted Nutella ( a photokid favorite) for the very first time. Desperate times call for desperate measures. First, I tried it on a pretzel and then ( looking at the label for recommended use or inspiration) spread it on a slice of bread (disappointing at best- yuck). I don’t understand how this spread has become so popular at BS. I was expecting something completely different. I don’t know… something that resembles a treat? I’m so hungry I almost dove into their stash of Roasted Seasoned Seaweed, but after my Nutella experience, I think I’ll pass. </p>

<p>So- I was just wondering (while I’m waiting for DH to bring home food)… what gruesome things does your child eat at home or take back to school? Aside from seaweed and Nutella, my kids are really into exotic teas… but that’s about it.</p>

<p>Roasted seaweed is sooooo good!!! But @PhotographerMom, I’m surprised anyone these days is a Nutella virgin. :)</p>

<p>Some kids get addicted to drugs. I do peanut butter. </p>

<p>CameoKid likes to stock up on herbal popcorn, ramen, Annie’s Mac &cheese, and, here’s the gruesome part… She actually has developed a fondness for beef jerky, which I find absolutely horrifying. I refuse to buy it… I get the heebee jeebies just thinking about that stuff. Yuck-o.</p>

<p>How timely, PM. I just opened a bag of something called “Baked Jalapeno Cheese Crunchies” that somehow ended up in our cart during our last Trader Joe’s trip. I don’t even want to read the label. I have never had Nutella either. If you’re saying it doesn’t taste like chocolate frosting, which is what I thought it must taste like given the hype, then I’ll pass. When I snack, it’s usually popcorn, but if there’s chocolate around, all resolve is out the window.</p>

<p>ChoatieKid has been following a pretty strict (and rather bland) athlete’s diet for quite some time, but he does have a weakness for pizza. I actually haven’t seen any food in his room, but I know there is a ritual cleansing before we come to campus, so I really don’t know if he has a favorite contraband. I can guarantee you that seaweed is definitely out, though.</p>

<p>Now you’ve got me thinking. Easter is around the corner. Time to plan a care package from the bunny…</p>

<p>I don’t recommend the “Baked Jalapeno Cheese Crunchies.”</p>