Miscellaneous Life Ramblings

<p>I had no idea “seaweed” was a trend. I thought my dd was the only fan. Sent BS dd back with 5 boxes of Girl Scout Cookies which were received with great enthusiasm in the dorm. </p>

<p>Then again what food stuff isn’t well received in a dorm? </p>

<p>seaweed is traditional Korean stuff. We have it everyday with rice :)</p>

<p>Chemmchimney- probably lettuce. For guys.</p>

<p>Received two separate and very dramatic calls this morning. Looks like allergy season has commenced. Love how they only call when they’re suffering or need something…</p>

<p>Nutella from Italy sounds intriguing! </p>

<p>Italian Nutella. How does it differ?</p>

<p>Maybe it has espresso chocolate and pine nuts. :)) </p>

<p>I hate to tell you, but I am pretty sure Nutella is the same the world over. Being IN Italy is what makes it taste so good… :)</p>

<p><a href=“International Face Off: Nutella”>Dessert Recipes;

<p>There is a difference…even Pringles taste better in Italy.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Nope. From first-hand experience, I can tell you they taste differently. Which is better is personal preference. They have different ingredients. Italian version uses vegetable oil; US version uses palm oil.</p>

<p>Similarly, Coca-Cola tastes differently all over the world.</p>

<p>Like Mexican coke being better than American coke!</p>

<p>EDIT: The drink, I mean. Not the narcotic. </p>

<p>^ That’s why I specified Coca-Cola; I did not want to leave open for misinterpretation.</p>

<p>Yup. :)</p>

<p>Otherwise we might think, “yeah, @mrnephew, the Lawrentian. Not the narcotic.” :)</p>

<p>Note that there are also better tasting brands of seaweed. My Korean friends have introduced me to what I think is the best…if I could only decipher the packaging to tell you what brand it is! I tell you what, seaweed squares used as a wrapper around freshly made warm rice is a treat — no sliced raw fish needed.</p>

<p>Regarding varieties of the same thing made in different locations…I recall sipping a McD’s chocolate milkshake at the foot of the Spanish Steps (high school trip) and thinking “This doesn’t taste like the ones in the US.”</p>

<p>My mom and I love the roasted seaweed from Costco. It’s their brand, Kirkland Signature. I also love getting big bags of dried pitted dates which are sooooooo good.</p>

<p>Mexican Coca-Cola is far superior in taste to the American version. My kids told me this and I thought they were just listening to nonsense from their friends. I then purchased a bottle (although I am not a soda drinker) and they are absolutely correct. Substituting the real sugar for the cheaper high fructose corn syrup that we get here in states made for a much better beverage. You can definitely taste the difference.</p>

<p>I like green smoothies. :)>- </p>

<p>@SevenDad Is it the one with the green wrapping? Or blue?</p>

<p>Both of those are good.</p>

<p>@stargirl3 You never know, it probably is of higher quality in Mexico.</p>