Miscellaneous Life Ramblings

<p>Also, I’m one to forget about these small holidays until I go to school and see everyone all decked out. I’ll make sure to wear green… or at least not orange. ~:> </p>

<p>Ok. So I’m from a culture notorious for eating animals that most people wouldn’t (Cajun), but I draw the line at weeds. I remember a Japanese friend in college serving me tea that I swear was fish flavored. No, I’ve never had seaweed. I don’t need to. I hate sushi too. Never had it, but I’m pretty sure it’s disgusting.</p>

<p>Sushi is delicious! What defines a weed?.. 'cause I only eat plants. :)</p>

<p>My doctor showed me how bananas are grown! He’s pretty awesome and we always speak in Spanish. </p>

<p>@neatoburrito No. NO. NOOO. Okay, sushi may look gross to some (raw fish, etcetc), but it is the epitome of deliciousness. Salmon nigiri= heaven.</p>

<p>But everyone is entitled to their opinion, sooo.</p>

<p>I can’t bear sushi, though my kid adores it. Neato, I love most Cajun dishes but can’t bring myself to eat a pile of crawfish in that traditional way… Eek!</p>

<p>A good friend had boxes of crawfish shipped each year (over 1000 miles here) and invited us to the crawfish boil couple times. I loved it. I also love sushi. I guess I’m egalitarian toward food. </p>

<p>FOOD <3</p>

<p>@payn4ward‌, I’ve looked into doing that but the problem is that I insist on wild caught crawfish and there is usually still snow on the ground where I am now even at the end of the season.</p>

<p>@cameo43‌ , beer helps</p>

<p>Speaking of foods that go well with certain beverages… I had a thin crust pizza last weekend that was topped with eggplant, gorgonzola and hot cherry peppers. It was amazing! I usually like traditional (boring) toppings so I was very surprised how much I loved it. The only other pizza I’ve had ( that approaches “gourmet” ) was scallop and bacon. That one was pretty good, too. </p>

<p>I love simple breaded eggplant! A family friend got me egg replacer, so I dip sliced eggplant in that goo, breadcrumbs, and bake to perfection. :x </p>

<p>There’s some kind of Korean pizza called Mr. Pizza, and they have potato wedges and bacon and some dressing on top of the pizza, with the crust being a golden sweet potato, crispy. Yummm…</p>

<p>I want to visit L.A. just so I can go to Pizzanista. They sell Clara Cakes (claracakes.com) and she doesn’t mail yet. ;:wink: </p>

<p>I immediately thought of @SharingGift and @GMTplus7 when I read this article… I have no idea why :slight_smile: .</p>

<p><a href=“http://www.technologyreview.com/view/527026/how-to-win-at-rock-paper-scissors/”>http://www.technologyreview.com/view/527026/how-to-win-at-rock-paper-scissors/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>This one is for you @stargirl3 :slight_smile: : <a href=“http://modernfarmer.com/2014/05/cricket-chips-edible-insects-ready-go-mainstream/”>Can We Trust AgTech With the Solution to Climate Issues? - Modern Farmer; </p>

<p>@PhotographerMom I loved the articles! (Especially the one about cricket chips. “Chirps”. How clever.)</p>

<p><a href=“Guess What Food Source Will Feed Billions And Reclaim Land And Can Even Be Made Into Cookies - Upworthy”>Guess What Food Source Will Feed Billions And Reclaim Land And Can Even Be Made Into Cookies - Upworthy;

<p>^^^Sorry, guys. Just can’t do it.</p>

<p>ew</p>

<p>Um… I didn’t watch the whole video but I’d rather eat the dry roasted <em>bug</em> as it is such as grasshoppers, crunchy not too bad, than the stuff made from powdery stuff. I’d rather eat tofu than veggie burger. Just my preference. </p>

<p>Tofu <3… </p>

<p>But tempeh, despite the packaging, is better. </p>