Miscellaneous Life Ramblings

<p>I live across the country from one, but we went in CA 7 years ago. </p>

<p>I liked shackburgers in the East Coast too.</p>

<p>I’m still waiting for the westward expansion of In N Out. :-(</p>

<p>I’ve never gotten my ears (or any other parts) pierced. I’ve been meaning to get it done to use some gift earrings since my forty’s bday several years ago. I’m a bit scared about it. I hope to do it before my 50th. Some friends say daughters will hold your hands if you are scared. I doubt my boys will do that. </p>

<p>Choatiemom, you mean South Boston (Southie), not the South End (where no one is from Boston). </p>

<p>Or as heard on Car Talk:
“Southie is South Boston. The South End is the South End. Eastie is East Boston. The North End is east of the West End.
The West End and Scollay Square are no more—a guy named Rappaport got rid of them one night. The geographical center of Boston is in Roxbury. Due north of the center we find the South End. This is not to be confused with South Boston, which lies directly east from the South End.
North of the South End is East Boston and southwest of East Boston is the North End. Back Bay was filled in years ago.”</p>

<p>BOSTON. JUST CALL IT BOSTON. :p</p>

<p>I always skip the burger and go for the good stuff: French fries, onion rings and milkshakes. For me- a burger is an unnecessary side dish…</p>

<p>Correction: Cheeburger Cheeburger was when we visited the grandparents in FL. </p>

<p>booklady: I lived in the South End for a while. Love Car Talk and still listen and have heard those hilarious (but true) distinctions.</p>

<p>A Five Guys has just appeared on our corner. We don’t do burgers but, oh, those fries… :(</p>

<p>I lived in the South End, too! When were you there? I was there from about 1996-2000. And wow, that just made me feel old. </p>

<p>I live in the North End… of the United States! :D</p>

<p>We lived the converted school building on the corner of Dartmouth and Appleton, 1989-91. We were young(er) then. Pre-ChoatieKid.</p>

<p>Yes, we were also there pre-bookkid. And we lived on Rutland a couple blocks from where you lived. Small world. :)</p>

<p>The neighborhood has changed a LOT. It is Back Bay south now. All boutiques and such. Not as much diversity. We are around there a bit as bookkid’s theater company is there. </p>

<p>I can’t believe how soon the kids are coming home… Where did the time go? Is anyone else in shock? </p>

<p>( I thought I had another week! Mother of the Year. )</p>

<p>We leave tomorrow to start the long drive to get her. It is a bit early but we are avoiding driving on the worst of the weekend and stopping along the way. I will be wondering if ANYTHING will be packed when we get there. I don’t hold much hope. I can hear it now: " mom! how could I pack - it was EXAMS. Duh." Oh, I can’t wait! :D</p>

<p>Have fun with the kiddos! I’m so happy for you all, but I’m a little sad because your time will be spent talking to your own kid. :)</p>

<p>Don’t forget about stargirl, okay?</p>

<p>When does school go back in session?</p>

<p>No worries, stargirl. You’re unforgettable! :slight_smile: </p>

<p>@cameo43 I am now grinning uncontrollably. :D</p>

<p>@mrnephew I was looking at a day school’s calendar and was shocked to see that they start the same day as public school. Many boarding schools start at the end of the first week of September, I believe. </p>

<p>Yeah, I was thinking that they might start earlier, but I guess that’s not the case. That’s around when L’ville will start this year, and I was confused because people were getting out. Lucky them, I suppose. I got another month to go.</p>