Miscellaneous Life Ramblings

What?!!! You mean I can’t claim the emotional cost of sending ChoatieKid away?

Boarding school tuition: $50,000
Books: $600
Transportation: $2,000
Emotional cost of sending your child away to boarding school: Priceless…unmeasurably large and unfortunately not tax deductible.

We’re gonna get audited for sure.

Say it ain’t so! Just paid ours. Sigh. At least this year we didn’t have to take money from our woefully insufficient retirement account to do so.

Maybe the chocolate and Ben & Jerry’s consumed from eating my feelings can be written off as “medicine” on my medical expenses?

Have you all seen the commercial for Unstoppables Air freshener where the mom says, “I want his room to smell like he’s at boarding school”?

No. That’s hilarious. Really? Gotta go look that one up. A scent called “Boarding School” would smell like a cross between a sulphur pit and a three-week old, unscooped litter box. That company is clueless. The ad should say, “If you want to get that boarding school smell OUT of his room…”

Edit: Saw the ad. Now I get it – she wants his room to smell like he doesn’t live there – that makes a whole lot more sense.

Haha! That was great.

I have an iTunes gift card burning a hole in my pocket and I need suggestions! What’s new in the music world or what wonderful songs have you recently rediscovered?

I’m open to anything… I love it all. :slight_smile:

I am also newly fond of Jake Bugg (think a young Bob Dylan).

Oops other post disappeared: I had said my new fave is “Work This Body” by WALK THE MOON.

James Taylor! Ben Rector!

Not necessarily new music, but I have recently been enjoying:

• Esperanza Spalding
  • Fitz & The Tantrums
  • Tame Impala
  • Alabama Shakes

I don’t know if it’s quite your cup of tea, but I hear from “the kids” that the new Kendrick Lamar album is very good.

I like @sevendad’s suggestion of Alabama Shakes. Also LOVE Ben Howard.

Grimes

New releases from the following all top-notch in my book:
The Mountain Goats–Beat the Champ
Toro y Moi–What For?
TV on the Radio–Seeds

I am going to assume you already have the latest Ed Sheeran album…

And check out Vance Joy.

Thanks everyone! Awesome suggestions!

That uneasy feeling when you realize you just download " Baker Street " because you miss the sound of your kids playing Grand Theft Auto…

OMG.