Miscellaneous Life Ramblings

I only see a camera, but I’ll have whatever you guys are drinking… :slight_smile:

@ChoatieMom, on my computer screen, I couldn’t see the turtle or the teddy bear. On my phone, the turtle jumps right out!

That is why I thought that… I had been looking at the site on my phone. My old eyes struggle on the phone screen (LOL) and poof there is the turtle.

Ok, now you’re making me go look at my phone…

Back. I only see it because I’m now looking for a turtle, but now I see what you mean – aerial view with legs straight out.

I thought I would bump up the CC/BS Parent Tavern thread. I think it will be needed after tomorrow. :slight_smile:

You know what I miss? Ice cream drinks. How come bars don’t serve ice cream drinks anymore? Well, I know why. Ice cream is expensive and they take too long to make. My favorite drink in the whole world (besides a perfectly-made martini) is one created in Detroit in the 80’s called a Hummer:

Vanilla ice cream
Chamboard
Kaluha

Tastes like a chocolate-raspberry milkshake. If anyone needs cheering up, that should do it.

I need that, ChoatieMom! I just picked up my car, which needed a MAJOR service appointment… and I handed over my entire tax refund to the cashier on the way out the door. : (

@ChoatieMom, have you had the Left Hand Brewing Company’s Milk Stout? It is delicious if you like creamy. Unfortunately, you pretty much have to go to Colorado to get it … but when it’s served from nitro tap, its awesome!

If it’s a beer, no thanks. I don’t drink beer. I got a bottle of Not Your Father’s Root Beer for Christmas from my beer-drinking friends who have been trying for years to help me find one I can finish. NYFRB did NOT taste like RB; it still had a detectable beer undertone, so it went down the drain. I wish I could drink beer. My friends also got me a winestein so I won’t feel left out when we get together:

http://www.amazon.com/Fred-Friends-WINESTEIN-Double-Walled-Stemware/dp/B002MUBWV2

When we looked at Andover, I forced the boys (mine and my nephew) to spend the day with me in Boston so I could visit some of my old favorite places. There was an ice cream joint in Harvard Square that had Stout Ice Cream. BEST. ICE CREAM. EVER. And I’m not a beer drinker.

Toscanini’s? I work 2 blocks from there. Mmmmm

I will make exceptions for ice cream. I had lobster ice cream in Bar Harbor that was delicious.

I love lobster and I love ice cream but lobster ice cream doesn’t sound good, @ChoatieMom.

I never understood the chocolate covered bacon thing either. Although both things are among my favorite foods, I think they are better on their own, not together.

It was JP Licks, actually, but I looked at Toscanini’s website, and have decided that the week between when the kid gets out and the hub’s 30 year reunion, we are driving to Boston and ice cream shop hopping. (That week is seriously inconvenient for me, BTW. Drive 600 miles to Philly to pick up kid and all kid’s stuff, just to have to come back less than a week later for the reunion. Hence, we will be taking all of kid’s stuff {whatever we don’t store} on vacation with us, and will depart from the Philly area instead of rural southeastern Indiana. Haven’t actually decided on what we’re going to do yet, but that ice cream tour is definitely an option.)

Yeah, it didn’t sound good to me either, @doschicos, but if you think of the butter-drenched flavor and add the ice cream you get more of the idea. It was actually pretty good. Not chocolate mint chip good, but good nonetheless.

@gusmom2000, add this to your ice cream tour! It is amazing! http://christinasicecream.com
Also if you like chocolate, take the tour of the Taza chocolate factory in Somerville.

I miss Baileys. And Brighams. No fancy flavors, but the best hot fudge around.

Non-sequitur…have I espoused the glories of this song here before?

https://youtu.be/EoXvDleWJ5U
IMO, best disco song ever.

Does anyone else like to dip fast food french fries in chocolate milkshake?

Pretty good @SevenDad

1 Like