Miscellaneous Life Ramblings

He’s 16 and a pro at flying by himself, so that’s no problem. Live and learn, I guess. We’ll know by Friday, which is helpful, you know, since he comes home a week from Friday. I think the coaches forget, too, that not everyone is local or even within an easy day’s drive.

I got tired of waiting to find out when he needed to be back for baseball so I just bought the ticket. Like someone mentioned, I booked it on southwest and I know their tickets are easy to exchange.

For future reference, I’ve found that booking one way fares isn’t any more expensive than round trip these days (in the past, it seemed like it was a more expensive way to go but no longer) so I often wind up booking one way tickets if I know dates for one leg but not the other these days.

FYI, on AA, United, and Delta, a kid can fly unaccompanied at age 15 (except last flight for the day and certain airports). @Cascade07

JetBlue too!

JetBlue is 14, even better :slight_smile:

Is it weird that I feel kinda sad that I don’t have to worry about the age limit any more? I cannot believe we are more than halfway thru the final year… :frowning:

None of the “value” airlines fly where I need them to anymore. I was able to do about 3 trips on Frontier last year (and $39 each way was AWESOME!), but I guess they decided we were the only one using them out of BOTH nearby airports, so they discontinued service. 8-|

Am I ever going to graduate from Junior Member status? :))

@gusmom2000 What’s wrong with Junior Member? LOL

Embrace it, @gusmom2000. It makes you seem more youthful. :wink:

@gusmom2000: It took me 1,000 posts to get promoted to Senior Member. I’m still waiting for the discounts and special privileges. Apparently, it’s nothing like ‘senior citizen’ status. ;))

Clearly, @gusmom2000 has a life outside CC and probably has non-virtual friends to share that Maker’s Mark with. As for the rest of us…

Oh no! ^^^this hits too close to home! L-)
And I’m not even a senior member…yet!

After this one, only 6 more to 1000 for me. I obviously have no life.

I don’t have a life, either. It’s just that most of my friends live over in the Facebook box.

Gosh, I remember racing @london203 to 500… we were young and so full of life.

@PhotographerMom Good time, huh? :smiley:

Come on, @twinsmama: you got this!

Don’t do it @twinsmama! Save yourself!