Miscellaneous Life Ramblings

I used to come on this board because of all the good info, now I’m here mostly because you all crack me up! Thanks for putting a smile on my face everyone!

@gmc2918 Exactly the reason I can’t seem to leave…

I’m older than all of you and I’m nowhere near 1000. My wife and kids will think I’m experiencing some sort of final deathbed meltdown when I demand they give me my laptop because “I only need one more to be Senior.”

No worries @ThacherParent - you are probably just in the “quality over quantity” camp. :slight_smile:

Uh oh, @london203 , I resemble that remark :slight_smile:

@gardenstategal That’s a positive, no?

No! As in I hit the 1000, perhaps suggesting quantity over quality. Oh dear!

@gardenstategal Rest assured that you have had many quality posts that have helped with both boarding school and college admissions processes!

@gardenstategal This is a judgement-free thread! :slight_smile:

I was just wondering, have any parents on this board ever met each other in real life? Have you ever wondered what @london203 or @gardenstategal or @cameo43 or @ChoatieMom and many other [School]Mom and [School]Dad look/talk/laugh/act like? Would you be able to pick them out in a crowd? Oh, yeah! This must be @PhotographerMom, it sounds just like her… :-?

I’ve met 3!

I can tell you that I have met in person and become “actual friends IRL” with 6 people whom I first connected with on this board. And they have become really good friends who have greatly enriched my life. I have even met some of their kids! I’ve been blessed. Really. :slight_smile:

And I was pretty sure that I was stalking @PhotographerMom at a sports event once… but she eluded me before I could ask if it was her. :wink:

Four of us on this board all ended with daughters at Cate & we were able to meet at orientation. It was so nice to have “friends” to look forward to meeting for the first time!

Not yet but I suspect I may one day meet at least one of you irl! Until then, knowing you don’t judge, I may pretend that I am with you all and have a nice glass of wine! Nothing improves a glass of wine like friends!

I will say this: when you do meet others IRL, do NOT tell your kids. They will think you have lost your mind, making friends on the internet. Hahahhhaa.

Or @london203 , your spouse.

Don’t we warn our kids about that? Talking to, meeting people on the internet? :wink:

We have often discussed having a virtual “happy hour” for this thread’s participants. We might need to work further on that.
[URL=http://www.sherv.net/]

[/URL]

@AppleNotFar is on the accelerated track as always. :wink:

I thought this was the virtual happy hour.