MIT Class of 2027 Official Thread

Portal astrology: 95 percent would and will be rejected

3 Likes

Waitlisted

4 Likes

Son rejected. 1560 SAT, 4.67/4.0 GPA, 12 APS (all 5s on the test), etc., etc. On to the next!

5 Likes

Admitted 1,259

2 Likes

Does anyone know how many kids MIT waitlists?

501 last year accepted their spot on the wait list and 25 came off.

Wow which major ? CalTech is very selective. Congratulations for it.

1 Like

They have a waitlist blog Open Thread: Waitlisted | MIT Admissions Clicking through to the FAQ shows ā€œusually more than 600ā€ Wait list FAQ | MIT Admissions

Really? I thought they didnt accept anyone past few years (or at least less than 5/10)

Just reporting what is on MITā€™s own common data set. See section C2 in the above link.

1 Like

About 600

2 Likes

Ok my son is crying like a baby, straight out reject. One big mistake we did we should have snt a supplement. Anyway dont know how much that would have helped. Wishing the very best!!!

3 Likes

Hoping for the best!! Hope to hear great news!!!

3 Likes

Iā€™m sorry. Please tell your son that this rejection does not reflect how hard he has worked. The college admission process is brutal and doesnā€™t always seem fair. Many qualified applicants donā€™t get accepted. There is a college out there for him and he will find it. Good luck.

12 Likes

waitlisted, not expecting to get in anyways coz someone from our school already got in EA round

4 Likes

The blog reads ā€œwe have placed a modest number on our waitlistā€. Not entirely sure what ā€œmodestā€ translates to. Apparently there have been fewer admits this year (1259) compare to Fall 2021 (1365).

1 Like

Denied. Not heartbroken. Onto better things.

Congratulations to all who were accepted.

11 Likes

Last year they didnā€™t even take one person from the waitlist, thatā€™s expected coz why would anyone not go to MIT if they were given a chance to.
Iā€™ve also been placed on the waitlist and my suggestion is to just move on and not be too hopeful about it

5 Likes

I feel your pain. My son is devastated.
So now we wait we need to do this another 7 times!
Heā€™s still waiting for 7

Does not even want to consider or discuss the safeties he was accepted to.

Lesson moving forward spend time and passion researching those ā€œsafetiesā€ because they are getting closer to looking like a reality.

9 Likes

Many of us are going through the same process, having to wait for lots of decisions to roll out gradually, not knowing where weā€™ll eventually end upā€¦
It sucks but it happens to most of us
Guess he just needed a bit of personal space to handle all of this ;-;

2 Likes