MIT Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

I’m referring to privates, not public universities. Nearly all public universities announce their EA decisions in January (or even February).

Both University of Richmond and Northeastern EA won’t come out until end of January, as far as I can tell.

These schools have ED. Their EAs aren’t really meaningful. They’re available mainly to attract more applications.

OOS next Month. we’re In state.

Let’s move the conversation back to MIT please.

5 Likes

That is fabulous to hear. It’s exciting to hear this because UA is one of my daughter’s top choices for exactly the reason you mentioned. We will see where some of her admission decisions from this week fall, but I would not be surprised to see her at UA next fall!

1 Like

GA Tech OOS late January

Seconded…

Until after EA decisions are announced on Saturday.

I had an entire day Game Plan for distraction:
to attend son’s wrestling tournament all day,
get home at ~4pm,
then check the portal.

But now I’m quarantining in my home office (tested covid positive with “cold” symptoms: runny nose/sore throat) and
I’m going mad trying not to stare at the clock.
I can’t even go for a walk outside (masked) because it’s sleeting/snow-ice all day.

Maybe I’ll binge-watch something (loved Ted Lasso) and stuff my face with chips.
Toss out some suggestions.

Good luck to all the kids. We all know these results don’t define the kids in any way. I’m sure you all are a great fit for MIT. Lets hope and hang in there.

4 Likes

5 more hours to go. Good luck everyone.

Sorry to hear. As a former wrestling parent, I know how much enjoyment it brings to attend your son’s tourney. Feel better. Good luck on the decision and wrestling today.

Best of luck to all…

Best of luck to all MIT applicants.

Wrestling:
what weight class?

Now retired MIT wrestling Coach Layte invited son to practice with the team pre-covid. 145# Son learned so much!

Wrestling being Club and sports at MIT in general, Coach said admissions support is a “crap-shoot”. He/other coaches never knew who would be accepted or rejected.

Good luck to all.

@GA2004: stop counting!
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

haha. Daughter is gone out to celebrate her friend’s birthday and will not be at home until around 4 pm. Good that she has some distraction.

Best of luck everyone.

1 Like

Son just came back from swim practice. I asked him if there was anything important coming out today, and he shrugged his shoulder. I went to a state school and then a national law school, we told our kids their undergrad school while it helps will not define them, especially when CC AI analytics says my kids’ chance of getting in MIT is 6%. lol

I’m nervous because we sold everyone the idea that our son’s a genius…gotta save face…jk

1 Like

The mention of CC AI made me curious. Plugged in the numbers… 6% for several schools, didn’t seem to be related to their acceptance rates in any discernable way.

I know! Now if you pay some more bucks, they’ll show you which points you’re lacking in. It’s behind a paywall, if you’re wondering what the motivation is. I doubt that their metrics are in any way reflective of the real possibility.