National Achievement

<p>and it takes soooooo long they have the test results in December but it doesn’t end until a year and a bit later .</p>

<p>Hopefully i will get one of those letters soon</p>

<p>Are you homeschooled? If not, your school will probably receive the letter.</p>

<p>Nope, my school got it today. 196 Iowa</p>

<p>And now we wait.
I would like to know if any NA finalist or semi-finalist scholars from NJ could tell me what they got to get on the NA semifinalist list. Apparently becoming a finalist doesn’t really depend on your psat score, but your SAT score (which I scored quite a bit higher on), gpa, and other stuff.</p>

<p>Okay, just got a call from the principal that my daughter made national merit. With a psat of 206 in NJ, I am thinking that it is more likely national achievement? We are a small suburban, mostly white school with little experience at this!</p>

<p>We are in NJ with a similar score. D got NM Semifinalist and NA Scholar.</p>

<p>Idk if that means anything to your situation but that is how it went for us.</p>

<p>Thanks. Did some research, cutoff in NJ for finalists in NJ in 2013 was a score of 221. Exciting nonetheless!</p>

<p>NJ and Cali have the highest cutoffs in the country.</p>

<p>Just curious, where are you finding the cutoff scores (your source) for each state?</p>

<p>picktails, that is national merit.
Madabotoux, are you aware of what the NA cutoff in NJ is?</p>

<p>Cutoffs by state were posted here on another thread. I searched “national merit scores.”</p>

<p>Does anyone know if everyone who is eligible already been notified? Or will they wait until next year?</p>

<p>It’s done for this year.</p>

<p>Ok thanks.</p>

<p>Wait, if I took the PSAT last october (2012), should I have been notified by now of National Achievement semifinalist standing (If I received it)?</p>

<p>Look for it in 2014. You’ll know if you’re in the running in September.</p>

<p>Surprised no one is talking about this, is anyone else excited?
I’m praying my buns off.</p>

<p>The whole idea behind the National Achievement program just puts a bad taste in my mouth.</p>

<p>@Philovitist, why? Due to the lower standards?</p>

<p>Its message seems to be, “Wow, you’re really smart for a black person”.</p>