Need Advice AP related

So I recently got accepted by some UCs, and on the UC app, I stated that I was going to take some AP exams. Would anything happen if I chose not to?
If I did choose to take the exam but got a low score, would I still need to send it?

Several UC’s do consider your AP scores in their admission decisions but they will not rescind you for not taking the AP exams listed on your application. All scores will be sent to the UC you end up enrolling, but low scores will just not get you credit. If you have already paid for the exams, there is no harm in taking them.

If you paid for it you might as well take it and send it in. Not sending a score in causes hassle with admissions in chasing down your score and it makes your record incomplete and probably will linger in your reminder-to-do list in your portal for a lengthy period of time.

So even if i take the test but get a low score, I should still send it in?

The UC’s will not care about low scores since you will not get credit for anything below a 3 anyways. You are only sending the AP scores to the school you will be attending, so you have already been accepted and they do not rescind for low scores.