Notification of Scholarships & Financial Aid

@TAMU90 - Same for us. Hoping to hear clarification. I have heard that scholarships are awarded in February and March, so hopefully yesterday’s update was just for loan availability. Really wish A&M would be more transparent regarding dates/procedures. It certainly would help us with all of this stress!! :slight_smile:

@GTaggiemom23, you know we’d all still be checking Howdy and hitting refresh everyday :wink:

My daughter’s financial portal shows an Opportunity award, Corps award and an engineering award in addition to all the loans. The awards are very low and frankly we are a bit disappointed. We knew TAMU didnt give out big awards but for high achieving students, it is sad. Guess I should have raised her as an athlete instead. :slight_smile:

Hoping to hear back about the Terry Scholarship from TAMU. UT Austin just sent an email notifying us she advanced to next round. we may be having a Longhorn instead of an Aggie.

For those curious about scholarships, I have information from my financial portal for you guys!
I received an email this morning notifying me that I was offered awards.
Just to clarify, I am low-income with an EFC of 0 and qualify for the Pell grant (I was awarded the maximum amount). I also applied early and was admitted early October. I sent in my FAFSA the first day it was available.
Here are my awards for 2019-20 (these amounts are PER SEMESTER):
Opportunity Award Scholarship - 750
Regents’ Scholarship - 3000
Federal SEOG Grant - 250
TX Public Education Grant - 1000
TEXAS Grant Initial - 2500
I also have the Pell Grant. Let me know if you have any questions!

It seems like only loans and some scholarships based on need have gone out. Has anyone received any academic scholarships (Presidents Endowed, Lechner, or McFadden)?

Right now the scholarship website says those will be awarded in February.

@aggie1701, @Bizp2424 I am not sure if you are instate or out of state. We are OOS, and my son’s portal only shows Maroon award. Called Financial aid office after a long wait was able to talk to one of the representative. It was not very promising she said all scholarship awards has been sent out. To this when I asked that your office said a week ago that scholarships come from the middle of February, she said she does not know we should not count on any more scholarship. But she did say that departmental scholarship might come in but she was not sure. So in summary it does not look promising at this time.

I’m in-state if that helps at all. @AAA124555

OOS isn’t going to be the same as instate. Unless there is some hook beyond fabulous academics, TAMU won’t give away enough to trigger instate tuition.

@texdancemom can you list out your financial awards and amounts like @aggie1701 did?

It helps to know these things for the next cycle.

Also, if both you could list the date it was awarded, esp if some came on different dates, if it shows that.

Opportunity Award. $1000-1yr
General Rudder- 2000/yr. 4 years if in Corps
CLEN UG DT- 1250/ 1 year

for us so far is $2000/year for 4 years

Forgot to mention. The first two came out yesterday 1/30/19 and the 3rd posted today.

For those who received scholarship awards, did you all submit FAFSA before January 15?

Have you accepted you admission to TAMU? Just curious if scholarships are first come/first serve. My son just decided to accept admission, but wants to wait on picking a date for the NSC. Thanks!

Yes.we submitted FAFSA. We didnt accept admission but we signed up for NSC because we will be out of the country this summer and wanted to lock in for our availbility. It auto accepted admission when we registered. We arent locked in to admission unless she goes to NSC.

My son’s portal says Presidential Endowed Scholarship, and that’s the only one - he applied by 10/15 but didn’t do the FAFSA until today. I went and found it in his portal, but he has never received an email stating he received a scholarship or award.

Got $3000 Texas Aggie’s Grant and $3000 TX public education grant-res.

My rank is 104/575 with a 1420 750 math 670 r/w.
Can I count on any merit scholarships or have those been given out already?

I guess for scholarships/financial aid it would be good to know EFC from the FAFSA to know if what’s coming out is need based or something else.

@bemart14 The grants awarded to @Utreject42069 are need based. The Texas Aggie’s Grant is $1500 per semester and the Texas Public Education Grant is awarded through demonstrated need.
https://online.stat.tamu.edu/grants/