Notre Dame 2027 Waitlist

Do you mean since May 15th? Because I think several posted about receiving information on the waitlist between May 3 and 15. I recommend that the applicant (you or your child) reach out to their admissions officer and inquire about the status. It shows continued interest, and possibly also gives you an answer.

Yes, I was specifically referring to only activity since May 15. To be more specific, in post # 62 upthread, Beardreams27 said that s/he had gotten some communication from admissions about the waitlist in recent days, but no one else appears to have received anything like that.

You probably don’t want to hear this, but if you needed a decision by a certain date and you don’t have one and that’s not working for you, you can remove yourself from the WL. That is your power in this situation.

One of the reasons schools reach out along the way to ask “do you still want to be on the list?” is because as things play out, many people do not. As they firm up plans at the schools where they deposited, they get committed and no longer want another option.

Schools, otoh, need to have active WL so they can replace the kids who decide to go elsewhere, take a gap year, etc. They also would be happiest if they don’t need to use them. It’s up to you whether you want to play along.

I going to call my assigned admissions counselor right now and if by the end of tomorrow I hear nothing I will withdraw from the waitlist. I have to put me first at this point and move on .

2 Likes

pls let us know what you hear.

Yah I just called the admission office and they said all of decisions will come out within the next week. So now we can wait with the knowledge of the final date and a sense of comfort?

2 Likes

Hmm I am wondering if how many of those will be acceptances or not…

What did they tell you?

They put me on hold for like 20 min so I emailed them :smiling_face_with_tear:

Let us know what they say

my daughter called and they just said to look in her spam folder and check the portal for updates. No timeline given.

Does anybody know: I’ve seen a statistic that says approximately 100 are taken off the list on average at ND. But does that include the 75 Gateway kids, or are they on top of that number?

I would assume the Gateway is different

1 Like

I believe (not positive though) most Gateway offers come when the initial decisions are made.

3 Likes

I assume any final decisions will be made this week. Has anyone heard anything?

Crickets per usual :sob::sob::sob:

Is anyone willing to call admissions?

1 Like

I just withdrew from the waitlist. I wish everyone the best this was a difficult decision but I feel at ease that I don’t have to constantly worry over something that I know I can’t control or might not like the outcome after all the waiting.

5 Likes

@Molly_McIntire19 Based on the interview with the Enrollment Management VP, Micki Kidder, she said that the class of 2027 was very close to being finalized, and this interview was done 12 days ago. The relevant part of the interview starts around the 11:40 mark.

any one heard an update on their waitlist status?