NYU Deferred/Waitlisted 2025

im seeing alot of ppl deny makesme thing yield rate is lower than usual which is a good thing for waitlist

3 Likes

I really hope a lot of spots open on the waitlist.

I do to. I applied to CAS and LS but really hope I get that CAS spot

I applied to Stern and Stern London!

I applied to steinhardt and got waitlisted. However, I wanted to be considered for CAS as well. Now, I totally want to be in CAS and no longer Steinhardt. But, how will I be able to express my interest in the response form for an entirely different school? I talked so much about the major, clubs, and professors there. Should I risk it and stay with steinhardt or make this change and risk my chances of being admitted to CAS or NYU in general?

Well I think that you consider why you want to switch to CAS, and then look for how to show it in your writing instead of telling!! Since you applied initially to Steinhardt it means that they will consider you for your primary choice, and if there is no space for some reason, than they will consider your for your secondary. What I will advice that you do is in your LOCI focus on CAS, so they will now, you switch from steinhardt! Is it because you changed your major, or your interest change, or there is an opportunity that you just found out about.

I think that if gives you space to do that in the first box!!

I hope this helps!!

We can submit a new response to our WAITLIST letter right?

1 Like

Awesome thank you so much! This helped alot! I got confused with the 2 boxes being there. What should I focus on more and should I do both or focus mainly on the LOCI?

I think in the first box you should list the new program that you want to be at CAS and WHY! Keep it brief. So like 8-10 max sentences. I advise to think WHY YOU WANT TO CHANGE To CAS.

Then, for the second box it will be more like aligning your hopefully new awards, leaderships, position, activities, ETC with your inserts in CAS! And showing your interest for NYU. Like why are you on the waitlist, and why do you really want to go to NYU. And then ask yourself the question of whether you will go to NYU if you donā€™t get into CAS. If the answer is no. Then tell them that the Why CAS is 1. If your answer is yes that means you donā€™t mind Steinhardt make such to say smth about how your will be interested in either of them CAS OR STEINHARD, but CAS is your number one. And STEINHARD is number 2 as secondary!

The main question is, is the major or program that you want to do in the both schools: CAS and STEINHARD. Or do you think CAS has more option in majors that you like?

I hope this helps!!

hey I have submitted 4 waitlist forms on my portal. I kept on forgetting things but I have added everything now. do they check the number of forms or they check only the recent oneā€™s. am I at a disadvantage ???

How would you be at a disadvantage? Give me on reason.

The waitlist isnā€™t ranked btw and you can fill 10000 forms if you wanted to. Of course, I wouldnā€™t do that.

I did like 2, but I called the office to void the first one! So they told me that they would write it somewhere in my file!

Im so confused about the multiple forms!! I still havenā€™t started the first one. What are the multiple forms?

I called them at the start of April because my form had this wiered glitch where question marks appeared after submitting. They told me they just read the latest one. Now I canā€™t confirm that because the people are the desk are just students but thatā€™s what they said. Hope that helps

Anyone think there may be movement early?

Thats a good question. I got off the waitlist for 2 schools already, so hopefully NYU release some decisions early

1 Like

Ooo congratulations! May I ask which schools?

Is anyone here who have not applied to financial aid and willing to go to nyu when accepted from the waitlist?

I am so scared for this year. I was glancing at the 2024 NYU waitlist form and so many people were not given aid.

Also, I submitted my LOCI yesterday afternoon. I spoke about new achievements, talked about keeping updated with NYU via social media and mentioned #nyutakeover, and indicated that if accepted, I will enroll. My hopes are so down but itā€™s worth a try I guess!

Thanks! The two schools were Cal Poly Slo and UW Seattle. It really made no sense that I even got on the waitlist for UW in the first place since their acceptance rate is so much higher than other schools I got intoā€¦ex. UCSB and UCSD.