NYU Waitlist 2024

follow up… have people gotten in without seeing the coa before hand?

Curious too…

Has everyone’s waitlist update forms disappeared from their portals

@tina221621 like the purple waitlist form button or the list of actual forms?

Yeah everyone’s waitlist response button is gone

@HKnyuad yuad Where did you hear about this?

So is CAS basically filled up now?

Hey guys

I got admitted yesterday and now want to share my stats to give people hope:)

SAT:1470( math:800)
GPA:4.0/4.0
TOEFL:102

I’m going to CAS, and my intended major is psychology.

For the Why NYU essay, I only wrote 300 words because I put too much time on Ivy schools (rejected by all haha). But basically I expressed how welcoming this school is for international students.

For waitlist letter, I told them that my grades at school are still great and that I’ve been participating in various activities. I also strongly relay my interest in NYU( like I’m willing to wear a mask everyday for this school).

I think NYU doesn’t really require a high SAT score or TOEFL score. Just tell them how deeply you cherish this institution:)

i know they told us not to write another letter of continued interest but would a little baby 3 sentence one hurt/help at all?

Edit: not to general admissions but to an admissions contact that I have corresponded with previously

I doubt it. My son was in the same boat last week - offered admission to LSP, requested if he can be admitted to CAS for fall 2020, no luck !
He declined the offer.
Good Luck !

I wrote absolutely nothing extra on either of my waitlist forms and got in. At the time I didn’t know that was an option. But I’m a Drama major so maybe it’s different somehow?

No, I am OOS

@BdCollege Apart from the guy who got into NYUAD there is also a girl who got in with a full ride, I got this info from facebook groupchat with people from CW2 and also a facebook post.

@aisha55 His decision is not based on financial aid, but rather on “fit”. For what it’s worth, NYU did not offer him any scholarships or aid and the school he selected has awarded him $30K+ in merit scholarships, but money was not a deciding factor.

DD got admitted to CAS Biology yesterday. She committed to BU already. Not sure if she shall switch. What’s everyone’s take for the Covid-19 situation in NYC? We are from California.

whos still waiting!!!

meeee
gallatin please respond

@ Ichunlin very difficult situation. D got into CAS, has already accepted Middlebury College. We are also from CA. NYU is not allowing defferals to waitlist students and don’t know what fall semester will look like. Thus, most likely we will decline.

Good luck!

OMG. Same. I got waitlisted in ED 1. And I saw all my friends get off the waitlist. I heard 0 news from Gallatin. I am just so nervous right now. I love Gallatin so muchhhh.

Got accepted into Stern yesterday from waitlist

WGPA: 98.54%
ACT: 34
Good ECs and essay