NYU Waitlist 2024

@BdCollege

Only NYU Zoom thingy (they changed it yesterday) and COA breakdown without aid, but nothing else.

@Loriksama

Same here. Do you think anyone got off today as it seems there was a wave today?

@BdCollege

I hope/think not. During the regular decision I once emailed NYU admissions and then same email to NYUAD admissions. They had slightly different replies, so I think NYUAD administration is a little different to NYU NYC.

I hope NYUAD wave will be later. Good luck. Keep me posted if any changes occur. I will do the same (in DM)

Hello! I am sorry to bother, but I had a question. After I have been accepted, do I need to pay both the enrollment deposit AND the housing deposit to secure my spot? Or do i just need to pay the enrollment deposit before the four day deadline and then i can pay the housing deposit after?
(I plan on living on campus)

hey everyone I’ve never said anything in here but I got in yesterday! A lot of you have been helpful so I want to be as well! I got into the college of arts and science and here are some of my stats…

SAT: 1250
GPA: 3.92
Clubs/Athletics: Cross Country, Track and Field, Gay/Straight Alliance, French Club, Video Communications Club, National Honor Society, Marching Band
Ethnicity: Hispanic

These aren’t that amazing but I think my essays and some other factors helped a lot! Don’t give up yet!

Enrollment deposit secures your spot at NYU, housing is only to secure housing.
Check when your housing deposit deadline is or confirm with admissions if you’re not sure. The normal housing deposit deadline is long past for non-waitlist admits so I’m sure you don’t have that much time to make it.

Do we anticipate more waves?

My status on zoom has been member-student for about two weeks now. Anyone applying to tandon experience the same thing?

I had member-student for a month. It’s not an indicator.

What is zoom Status.

@Echo512 https://nyu.zoom.us/account

So more waves or not?

Film & Television

Okay i’m actually panicking. Apparently NYU recently changed its policies to let Freshmen pick their roommates and now everyone’s finding roommates and picking dorms. I know I’m still on the waitlist but I can’t help feel as though I’m gonna be so so late to everything idk…

@hellowaitlist …I feel no waves but acceptances will continue throughout june sporadically even-if mail will come that most of the seats booked. Last year too few acceptances came in 3rd week of june for stern too… chances look slim… but hope is there … if I go by my gut feel- few more acceptances will come in waves on coming wed/ Friday! This is my optimism speaking!

Let’s hope for the best, chances are there!

Sorry - can someone answer this:
I’ve received no notice but have updated reports for my transfer credits and COA.
Has anyone been waitlisted seeing this?
Thanks all :slight_smile:

@dayindayout are you a transfer? There was a wave on Friday for you! I would definitely call admissions bc I’ve heard COA CHANGE is a sign, but I also believe you should have received an email by now. But personally feel you should call.

hey guys im really confused about this zoom status thing? What exactly is zoom status? I feel like im missing out on something important

@“girl.87963”

You can google NYU Zoom, go first link, then login and after that in the zoom menu choose account profile.
In this window you should look for “role”.

People say if it is “member-student”, it is a good sign.