NYU waitlisted 2027

circumstances were different last year tho

that’s true bro

I wish I could call and just ask them about their schedule on releasing acceptances … they might not even answer :joy:

they must’ve really under-enrolled since they are predicting this to go on for so long

Around what time do most waitlist decisions come out?

4pm est

idk…I would check around 4pm EST is when some people have been getting accepted

4pm EST is when i am sleeping cause i live in s.korea :cry: :cry:
can’t sleep…

It’s a great school, but with the attitude you have about it, you are setting yourself up for disappointment and failure.

I have been watching this thread in general with sadness. In the current college environment, getting waitlisted at any school is a soft rejection. Perhaps NYU has been softer than similar peer institutions in the past, but no school wants to take students from the waitlist. They predict yield and their goal is to meet or exceed predictions. Enrollment managers are compensated to correctly predict yield. If NYU has taken more from the w/l in the past and that gave you all hope, you needed to understand that they would have recalibrated and are always trying to improve yield and reduce the need to pull from the w/l.

Move on. Get excited about the colleges where you all have committed. Take a deep dive into all the many options that will be available to you at those schools. Find a roommate, look at classes, research clubs. Read all the great things about the schools that you will more than likely be attending.

If today, this week, or later this summer, you get the unlikely email that you were pulled from the waitlist, use your energies to think about NYU then. If you have approached this situation well, it will be a hard decision because you will have found out about all of the amazing things that happen where you have already committed.

4 Likes

i will tbh​:sob::sob:

1 Like

Please someone try they did not pick up my call😭

that checklist thing is fr bothering me

look i feel nyu is playing us

That is so true :sob::sob::sob::sob:

I never thought I would hate a checklist before

Maybe because I had so high expectations for myself. My first decision was a waitlist at Notre Dame a top 20 so I was so pumped up for my decision. After getting rejected by all the other top schools and NYU being my last decision then getting waitlisted I guess I became obsessed with my two waitlist instead of focusing on my only acceptance. I should just move on at this point

y’all i called but apparently the office is closed

1 Like

did you guys add in your waitlist LOCI that if you are accepted then you will attend?

1 Like

didnt the semester end today or yesterday too

I mean obviously you did if are in this sub​:sob::sob::sob:

1 Like