Off campus Housing at Texas A&M

<p>I am going to be a freshman for 2013 year and all the dorms are closed so I have to do off campus housing. I want something that is pretty close to the campus but nice as well (I don't want to compromise on quality because of closeness..). I have looked online and have found Cambridge at college station but does anyone know how those apartments are and how close they are to the campus? Any other suggestions are welcomed.. Thanks</p>

<p>The Stack and The Rise. Right across the street from campus. Brand new. Closer than Cambridge. Both have kitchens per suite as well. Visit their website. Hurry. They are filling up!</p>

<p>Thank you so much Etxcat because of your comment I was able to get an apartment at the rise for a pretty decent deal and I am so excited now !! ^=^ I cant thank you enough</p>

<p>So happy for you! MY DD will be living at The Stack. Also a freshmen!</p>

<p>My son will be at the Stack also. A freshman as well.</p>

<p>Are they close to the college of engineering?</p>

<p>Right across the street from the engineering bldg!</p>

<p>These places are going to be nice, but very expensive, luxury housing. I have been pricing a lot of options. It’s kind of odd that the OP leased an apartment the day after starting the process of looking.</p>

<p>The Stack is not much more than the new Northside Dorm. And the new dorm does not have a kitchen so you must buy an expensive meal plan and parking permit. Yes they are more expensive than some apartments. The apartments are further from campus. My DD comes from a small school environment. I wanted her first year focus to be on academics and not worrying about catching a bus and being on time. Next year she will move to an apartment a little further away and a little less expensive!</p>

<p>my friend stayed at the cambridge. its a piece of crap the rooms are like a jail cell. and the rise is rly expensive. i would recommend traditions. its located at northgate and biking distance from the north side of campus.</p>

<p>The only reason I leased an apartment so fast was because I really wanted to confirm where I was living plus I didn’t want the good apartments to fill up… Now that I think of it I should have looked for cheaper apartments but my dad just wanted to make sure it was close to the campus and safe…</p>

<p>I applied to Aggie Station; I have the lease in hand, and I havent signed it cos I am still considering the 3bed 3 bath, against the 2bed 2bath. I did a lot of research on off campus and on campus housing. I needed an apartment that had a private bedroom, private bathroom, and also fully furnished. Most other apartments were either too expensive, or they had very bad reviews. Aggie Station has a very reasonable price, and has good reviews on yelp, apartmentratings, and google reviews. I toured it yesterday, and it was awesome. The only con is the fact that their leases are 12 months long. The lease is actually transferrable (not guaranteed to be transferred).</p>

<p>My dd and I toured Aggie Station and chose The Stack because it was closer. But we really liked that apt and she probably will be there next year!</p>