Official Binghamton University Spring 2015 Transfer Thread

<p>@militaryscholar I applied to Harpur so that definitely helped my chances. By the end of this semester I’ll have around 50 credits. Good luck, hope you hear back soon!!</p>

<p>My application status says Complete and Ready for Review which is perfectly normal.
But, my decision says Complete and Ready for Review. Is this just a glitch or error? Or should i call admissions?</p>

<p>@marcb1‌ It seems as if they have just added the “decision” category. It also says “Complete and Ready for Review”</p>

<p>This could be a glitch in the system, or it might just mean that they have pulled our applications for review. I’m going to give it a few day before I contact admissions. </p>

<p>I got my official acceptance today!
Your decisions are coming!</p>

<p>@nicoco32‌ that’s awesome! Are you going to enroll, or are you waiting on other schools? </p>

<p>The decision section on my status checker says “application complete”</p>

<p>I know I’m late to this but I also applied to SOM but am a freshman applicant. I’m currently enrolled at SUNY Geneseo and I entered college with 37 credits due to AP classes and college classes through my high school. High school gpa of about 3.76 My math on my SAT was a 680 while reading was low at 560. By the end of this semester I’ll be at 52 credits. On top of this I’m involved in club sports, recreational sports, a few clubs and am also an Eagle Scout. What do you think my chances are? </p>

<p>@militaryscholar I am definitley going to bing! Is bing a top choice for you as well?
@bgillz I believe your stats seem good but im not familiar with bings average SAT scores. what is your current gpa from geneseo? It sounds like you have a good shot but SOM is really competitive! Whats good though is i hear it’s easier to be admitted in the spring!</p>

<p>@nicoco32‌ most of my classes haven’t given me grades yet most of my professors haven’t given back work. I’d say I’m doing well though. </p>

<p>I know I’m kinda late too but better late than never right? Applied to Bing the other night as a freshman in college for an Accounting major. It didn’t ask me what school I’d be placed in (does that mean I’ll be applying for SOM?), and it says they’ve received my application. I haven’t sent in my final transcript from high school yet, so I’ll be doing that soon</p>

<p>I’m slightly concerned, bc of my stats. </p>

<p>3.6 Weighted HS GPA
1310 SAT (CR+M)
4.0 current college GPA</p>

<p>Not sure if I can get in for accounting though. Any thoughts?</p>

<p>@Aetoast2596‌ Yes, If you chose “Accounting” as your intended major than you’re applying to the SOM. How many college credits do you currently have? </p>

<p>Hey, has anyone who’s gotten in already received an email or letter? My status checker says accepted but I haven’t heard anything else…?</p>

<p>@tricia63 I didn’t receive anything, but I paid my deposit yesterday and now my whole BU brain is updated. My status says “Deposit Paid” and i have a BU email and stuff!</p>

<p>Did anyone who applied to SOM hear back yet?</p>

<p>@marcb1 I don’t think anyone has received a decision from the SOM yet. I hope we’ll find out soon, as there is not much time left.</p>

<p>I think we will at least be admitted to Harpur. I just do not know if i want to try to transfer into SOM again internally , I was told by a Binghamton representative at a college fair that I should not worry and he thinks I will get in. But I am starting to get nervous. More anxious I would say.</p>

<p>@marcb1‌ I’ve heard that the chances of transferring internally are close to none. Besides, we would not be able to take core pre reqs if we are admitted outside the SOM. If that were the case, I would more closely consider UAlbany, Buffalo or even Baruch. Binghamton does have a great accounting program, however, there are many other reputable schools out there. With that being said, I’m just hoping for the best, but expecting the worst. </p>

<p>I applied to Cornell Industrial and Labor Relations so we will see how everything works out. I think it is early to worry so much since decisions were not even supposed to go out until November 15th I think. Keep your head up. We have great stats so it has nothing to do with us now. It is in their hands</p>

<p>That’s a good point. </p>