Official Class of 2013 RD Thread

<p>Decisions are out! The fat envelope that came in the mail today said 'Welcome!' on the front. </p>

<p>Here is the letter:</p>

<p>March 13, 2009</p>

<p>Dear ,</p>

<p>Congratulations! On behalf of the Committee of Admissions, I am delighted to inform you of your admissions to Lewis & Clark College for Fall 2009. It is with pleasure that I invite you to become a part of a long and honorable tradition that began at Lewis & Clark 142 years ago. You were selected from one of the largest and strongest applicant pools in the College's history. We were particularly attracted to your fine academic record, your contributions to your school and community, and what we see as a good fit for the College. Your accomplishments thus far are commendable and indicative of your potential for success here. </p>

<p>.. yadayada, I was given a Dean's scholarship, so there was a paragraph on that. Open House is April 18. </p>

<p>P.S. Don't forget to check out Inside L&C, our website created especially for admitted students, at Inside</a> L&C. The required login and password were included in your recent acceptance email. </p>

<p>(The email I have yet to get.)</p>

<p>Congrats all!</p>

<p>And, here's the form:</p>

<p>[ size=+1][ color=blue][ b]Decision: [ /b][ /color][ /size]</p>

<p>[ b]Stats:[ /b][ list]
[ *] SAT I:
[ *] SAT IIs:
[ *] ACT
[ *] GPA:
[ *] Rank:
[ *] Other stats:
[ /list][ b]Subjective:[ /b][ list]
[ *] Essays:
[ *] ECs:
[ *] Teacher Recs:
[ *] Counselor Rec:
[ *] Hook (if any):
[ /list][ b]Location/Person:[ /b][ list]
[ *] State or Country:
[ *] School Type:
[ *] Ethnicity:
[ *] Gender:
[ *] Perceived Strengths/Weaknesses:
[ *] Why you think you were accepted/deferred/denied:
[ /list][ b]Other Factors:[ /b]
[ b]General Comments/Congratulations/Venting/Commiserations,etc:[ /b]</p>

<p>*Decision: Accepted! With Dean's (1/4) Scholarship! *</p>

<p>Stats:[ul]
[<em>] SAT I: 2240
[</em>] SAT IIs: 680 World History, 740 French, 690 Math I
[<em>] GPA: A complete mystery, due to certain factors (look below). Normally the weighted quarter grade is a 4.1
[</em>] Rank: My counselor swears top 5% but I'm not sure if I believe her.
[<em>] Other stats: APs- French Lang: 5, AP English Comp (self study): 5, French Lit: 3. Currently taking AP Bio, AP US History, and AP English Lit. Which is more than anyone else in my class will graduate with.
[/ul]Subjective:[ul]
[</em>] Essays: Never loved 'em. The main one covered my experience living abroad in france for junior year (hence the confusion over my GPA). Second talked about my experience with Speech & Debate. I am a solid writer but I doubt these would 'get me in' anywhere.
[<em>] ECs: Speech & Debate, Degree of Special Distinction- I have a fairly strong record, State Champ, a few National wins.
Violin- 11 yrs of work, nothing special.
I've held down a summer job for two years Organic Farming for forty hours a week.
.. and then the basic smattering of community service and such.
[</em>] Teacher Recs: One fairly good (translated rec from french teacher), another so-so (he barely knew me at time.)
[<em>] Counselor Rec: Stellar. I am better than sliced bread.
[</em>] Hook (if any): Nada. Year abroad? (hahah... new joke) Geographic?
[/ul]Location/Person:[ul]
[<em>] State or Country: MAAAAH-SAH-CHEW-SETTS!
[</em>] School Type: Small, catholic, and somewhat mediocre.
[<em>] Ethnicity: White as a sugar cookie.
[</em>] Gender: Female
[<em>] Perceived Strengths/Weaknesses: ECs/Year Abroad (it was a pretty respected program)
[</em>] Why you think you were accepted/deferred/denied: Well, I was a scholarship recipient, so it wasn't too much of a close call.. Lewis & Clark was more of a likely for me. There were several things that were less-than-perfect about me, judge for yourself.
[/ul]Other Factors: Forensics Scholarship Candidate (haven't heard back yet)
General Comments/Congratulations/Venting/Commiserations,etc: THRILLED. First acceptance! The acceptance letter was lovely, came with a cool magnet and wonderful information. If this is where I end up, I think I will be quite happy. Good luck to all!</p>

<p>Congrats! I received the dean's scholarship as well. But, honestly, I sort of applied on a whim since it was free with the online Common App. I'll have to wait to see if any additional aid is offered before considering attending the April sampler thing.</p>

<p>Congratulations, guys. I'll be seeing you all as a sophomore transfer in fall.</p>

<p>For DD2:</p>

<p>[ size=+1][ color=blue][ b]Decision: Accepted with Trustee Scholarship[ /b][ /color][ /size]</p>

<p>[ b]Stats:[ /b][ list]
[ *] SAT I: 2280
[ *] SAT IIs:
[ *] ACT 34
[ *] GPA: 4.0
[ *] Rank: 1/450
[ *] Other stats:
[ /list][ b]Subjective:[ /b][ list]
[ *] Essays: Good
[ *] ECs: OK
[ *] Teacher Recs: Very good
[ *] Counselor Rec: Very good
[ *] Hook (if any): Archery?
[ /list][ b]Location/Person:[ /b][ list]
[ *] State or Country: OH
[ *] School Type: Public
[ *] Ethnicity: Caucasian
[ *] Gender: Female
[ *] Perceived Strengths/Weaknesses: Not too many ECs
[ *] Why you think you were accepted/deferred/denied: Stats?
[ /list][ b]Other Factors:[ /b]
[ b]General Comments/Congratulations/Venting/Commiserations,etc:[ /b] Going there!</p>

<p>waitlisted.</p>

<p>SAT: 1320/1600
GPA: 3.8
Essays: pretty damn good, I think</p>

<p>I didn't accept the waitlist (good luck to those who did!). I think I'm going to go to Marquette University, though I may go with Mizzou instead. idk.
I was going to stay on the waitlist, until I saw that they were pretty much out of financial aid (besides stafford loans and pell grants), so I wouldn't be able to afford it... so hopefully somebody that wants to go will be taken off the waitlist instead!</p>