OFFICIAL Early Action Thread (Purdue Class of 2014)

<p>Tony, try Google. That’s a lot better than random people on CC.</p>

<p>Jimgotkp
Thanks. Before reading your answer, the only idea in my mind is flying to Chicago. ORD to Purdue need 2 hrs? IND to Purdue ?</p>

<p>Tmac18 : What is on the top of your list now? Purdue?</p>

<p>ORD to Purdue needs two hours but it can be affected by traffic on I-65S since it is a major highway between Indy and Chicago. If you go on a weekend expect it to be a bit more longer. IND to Purdue is around 1.5 hours usually since the bus stops in other areas such as the Best Western in Lafayette. If you had a friend on campus who had a car it would be at least an hour tops but since it’s a shuttle bus, not much you can do. I know this pretty well also since I took flights from LGA to IND/ORD and EWR to IND. EWR to IND was my most frequent route back to school since it’s closer to home and don’t have to deal with NYC traffic/driving. If you need help finding good rates for airfare send me a message. I brought a ton of airline tickets online so I can help you out. If you plan on flying a lot then sign up for a frequent flier program. If your flying out of EWR to IND non-stop then get Continental’s Onepass. If your flying EWR to IND with a stop at ORD/CLT/PHL then sign up for United Mileage Plus. United and Continental are probably the most popular/better airlines from flights originating from LGA/EWR to IND either non-stop or one stop. I travelled quite a lot and since I already have a good amount of mileage from previous travel, these trips helped me retain my high frequent flier status. The perks of going to a school quite far away. :)</p>

<p>got in with 1960/2400 1360/1600
haha GPA…3.86
Engineering…!! yay</p>

<p>Anyone else get that fat envelope in the mail today? Seeing the decision on Friday made my weekend, but this letter confirms it all true, such a great day and start to my week.</p>

<p>I got mine today too. I was SO excited haha… I am putting the sticker in my car as soon as I leave the house :slight_smile: And I accepted my offer!</p>

<p>I also got the admissions packet today, and I’m very excited. It’s my first admissions letter besides my ultra-safety school. I’m just wondering, did anybody’s letter have any scholarship notification inside? Mine did not, so I’m just wondering. I’m hoping for some kind of merit award, but I’m not sure when I would be notified of that.</p>

<p>tmac- i talked to admissions and they said we should probably hear in a week or two. i’m also waiting, so hopefully soon!!</p>

<p>Thanks collegehunter, that’d be a great Christmas present. :D</p>

<p>Nothing today from Purdue but did get NCSU.</p>

<p>I got the envelope as well.</p>

<p>oh yay! I got mine! I thought I qualified for the merit scholarship, but I wasn’t totally sure! Now the one week wait</p>

<p>Also, did anybody notice that there is a separate scholarship application? Read through the information packet, it gives information about another application process for college-specific scholarships as well as financial aid, all in one. Interesting. I’m just hoping for some of the merit scholarships now, though.</p>

<p>i got the packet! it was very nice coming home from school and seeing it :)</p>

<p>Tmac - where is the application for scholarships? Is it on the website somewhere?</p>

<p>Has anyone else accepted their offer, besides CollegeHunter10? Can we confirm he is the “first” student for Purdue’s Class of 2014, on CC? The school looks amazing, and it’s a definite change from New England. I’m going to make a final decision on whether to attend, once I hear back from Michigan or UCB.</p>

<p>Collegehunter, I’m confused - how exactly did you accept your offer? I clicked the link, and it tells me to log into MyPurdue (I already sent up my career account), but how do you log into MyPurdue? I feel like I’m missing something.</p>

<p>I don’t want to accept the offer yet as I am not 100% attending Purdue, but I’m just curious. And Grcxx, yes, it is on the website, or at least it will be soon. It is not fully up yet since you cannot even start filling it out yet because you need your EFC and PC to complete it. I think it said it will be up sometime late December.</p>

<p>Thanks Tmac. We’re not accepting anything yet either. My son still needs to visit Purdue and compare it to Penn State. But it’s up at the top of the list. Haven’t gotten the office letter/packet in the mail but it should come soon.</p>

<p>Well i’m going to post my stats in case some future applicants are looking at some stats to see where they fall.</p>

<p>Decision: Accepted
Major: Electrical Engineering/Computer Science
Gpa: Uw: 3.29 W: 3.88
Sat: M: 760 R: 570 W: 570
5 Ap’s in total:Calc Bc,Bio,Physics,Chinese, and Nsl Goverment rest are honor’s class’s
Ec: Captain of Volleyball Team, Varsity Track
Ethnicity: Asian Gender: Male
Hook: Dad got phd from purdue, I go to a really competitive school in Maryland.</p>

<p>Yes i know i’m not the greatest applicant, and i’m probably not going to receive any money. But good luck to all those who are applying to purdue!</p>