OFFICIAL Early Action Thread! ( Purdue Class of 2018)

<p>Oh. That’s unfair.</p>

<p>I think I read this somewhere else in this tread but just to confirm, I turned in my common app on the 8th (I haven’t heard back yet) but online it says it was received on the 9th but that’s not a problem right? as in i would still be considered as an early applicant. Should i call admissions to confirm?</p>

<p>This is late but, accepted to engineering</p>

<p>Decision: Accepted</p>

<p>Objective:[ul]
[<em>] SAT I (breakdown): 2150 (710 Math, 710 Reading, 730 Writing)
[</em>] ACT: N/A
[<em>] SAT II: 720 Biology M
[</em>] Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 3.53, Weighted 3.98 (Attend top 50 school in country, IB Diploma Candidate)
[<em>] Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): N/A
[</em>] AP (place score in parenthesis): N/A
[<em>] IB (place score in parenthesis): N/A
[</em>] Senior Year Course Load: IB Biology HL, IB 20th Century World Topics/ History of Americas HL, IB English HL, IB Math SL, IB French SL, IB ESS TOK, AP Macroecon
[<em>] Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): State level winner for business plan competition (advanced to nationals), photography student of the year, state level winner for photography competition, school science fair 1st place and 5th place, Model UN awards
[/ul]Subjective:[ul]
[</em>] Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): Eagle Scout (Assistant senior patrol leader), Varsity Soccer (Captain), Model UN (Secretariat chair), Science Bowl, NHS,
[<em>] Job/Work Experience: N/A
[</em>] Volunteer/Community service: Teacher at non-profit science class
[<em>] Summer Activities: Internship at medical clinic, volunteering (see above)
[</em>] Essays: 7/10
[<em>] Teacher Recommendation: Called me one of the most talented students I have ever taught in her 8-year career
[</em>] Counselor Rec: Kind of generic, but not as generic as those of other students
[<em>] Additional Rec: Standard
[</em>] Interview:
[/ul]Other[ul]
[<em>] State (if domestic applicant): TX
[</em>] Country (if international applicant):
[<em>] School Type: Top 20 high school in country past few years, dropped to top 50
[</em>] Ethnicity: South Asian
[<em>] Gender: M
[</em>]Income Bracket: N/A
[<em>] Hooks (URM, first generation college, etc.): N/A
[/ul]Reflection[ul]
[</em>] Strengths: Extracurriculars, SAT
[<em>] Weaknesses: GPA
[</em>] Why you think you were accepted/waitlisted/rejected: See strengths
[li] Where else were you accepted/waitlisted/rejected:[/li][/ul]General Comments:</p>

<p>when you receive your decision. Today?</p>

<p>This is really grinding my gears. They should’ve pushed everyone a week back and gave it all out at that same time. (Like the Ivy’s and GATech…)</p>

<p>On Purdue Facebook they said they will release decision daily. Is there anyone receive the decision ?</p>

<p>At the risk of stating the obvious, as a practical matter they have effectively shifted to a rolling admission decision process, releasing decisions as they are made (albeit with the goal of releasing remaining EA decisions by year end). Ugh!</p>

<p>In my application summary, my SAT scores appear as received on November 13 (even though I sent my scores about a week before the EA deadline). Am I still considered an EA applicant? Please tell me I am, since I really wanted to be an early applicant.</p>

<p>I’d be really grateful to have my worries eased. :confounded:</p>

<p>I submittedd my application on the 7th, yet on the Purdue website it says my apllication was received on thr 9th. I dont think that’s an issue. However, Purdue didnt receive my test scores and transcripts until after the 8th so my application was not fully “complete” by the 8th. Even though I applied as an early applicant I’m not yet sure if i Qualify for early action notice. I still havent received my decision yet, even though people from my school received their decision on the 13th.</p>

<p>alright, purdue received my hs report on 10th nov…so</p>

<p>anyone else frustrated they said they would update daily yet it seems no one got anything today?</p>

<p>You guys are making me feel dumb with my uw 3.2 gpa and 23 ACT lol</p>

<p>@AQW0725</p>

<p>I got my decision last Friday, I just forgot to post it</p>

<p>funny how both of my early action schools delayed decisions (georgia tech and purdue) …</p>

<p>I’m still waiting on University of Michigan… so frustrating to see all these statuses, instagram posts and tweets about students getting into their schools and I haven’t heard from either of my early action schools…</p>

<p>@quantumphyzeeks</p>

<p>I think we’re applying to the same schools. I applied to Penn State honors, Purdue, and Georgia Tech as well</p>

<p>Since the majority of people in this thread who haven’t received a decision are those whose documents were processed a tad bit late, I’m feeling worried again! Ughhh give me a decision already!</p>

<p>Even i need it asap
This wait is like
Literally killing me !</p>

<p>^^Purdue received all my documents and scores by November 1 and I still don’t have a decision. I think the delay is purely due to the vast number of apps that they couldn’t process in time(like GaTech).</p>