OFFICIAL Early Action Thread! ( Purdue Class of 2018)

<p>When is the result of EA coming?</p>

<p>Their website says that they will do their best to provide the results on dec 13. Expect to wait until dec 15.</p>

<p>Hi I’m an International(Chinese) student applying for engineering.
SAT: Cr:640(really low…), Math:800 Writing:760
Toefl: 110
GPA: 91/100
SAT subjects: Maths 2:800 Physics:800
Some activities, just common ones, not strong.
Some minor state prizes in Computer programming, maths and physics.
Nothing special, hope I can get in.</p>

<p>December 13th is when all decisions will be final, but it could take up to 48 hours to update the status portals. So expect to wait until the 15th at the longest.</p>

<p>10 days left!!! AAHHHHH</p>

<p>This is going to be a long ten days…</p>

<p>Good luck to everybody! I strongly encourage you to visit West Lafayette if possible. Some people (like me) absolutely love the campus while others hate it. The admissions office will tell you where everything is, and you can usually take student led tours or visit the department you’re interested in.</p>

<p>Hi everyone!</p>

<p>I am an OOS student appling for MecE and probably pre-med</p>

<p>GPA: 4.147(weighted) SAT: 2000 </p>

<p>President of community service club
volunteer with local democrats
high school science symposium founder
oral speaker at JSHS
rotary youth leadership award
volunteer soccer coach
safe rides volunteer
drug delivery and heart valve research for 2 years
mentor for inner-city science fair
volleyball 2 years
golf 4 years</p>

<p>I am an OOS female from a somewhat highly acclaimed high school.</p>

<p>GPA Uwd: 3.66
GPA Wtd: 4.16
SAT: 1960 (M: 750, Wr: 650, CR: 560)
ACT: 28 (with a 34 on math)
AP: Spanish(3), Environmental Science(4), Physics B(4), Calculus AB (did not need to do AP test though due to university credit), Literature (in progress)</p>

<p>I’ve been taking accelerated math courses through a local University (Calculus I and Calculus II my 2nd sem junior and 1st sem senior year) and have a 3.5 GPA at the university
I also took US History over the summer there.</p>

<p>Awards: AP Scholar</p>

<p>ECs:
-Marching Band 4 years [Colorguard Captain (12)]
-Winterguard 3 years
-3rd chair Trombone 3 years
-Robotics (FRC and VEX) 3 years, Secretary (11/12)
-JSA 2 years
-Music Leadership Camp Summer 2013
-Cguard Symposium Summer 2012/2013
-Real World Design Challenge (12)
-Tutor 4 years</p>

<p>That’s about it really. I’m applying for Aerospace Engineering–how do you think I would stack up?</p>

<p>8 days to go.</p>

<p>I’m unable to concentrate on my pre-board examinations because of this! :&</p>

<p>I am an Asian female from Illinois, and I applied for Mechanical Engineering.</p>

<p>Weighted GPA: 4.07 (RANK: 53/673)
Unweighted GPA: 3.9 (RANK: 27/673)
ACT: 29</p>

<p>Honors Math & Sciences
Great recommendations
AP Physics C this year
1 year of Track & Field
2 years of Student government
1 year yearbook
100+ volunteer hours
Teacher’s Aide for a semester
Hollister store model for 5 months
Honor roll every year
Achievement in Spanish award
Prairie State Exam Mathematics achievement award
Silver math award</p>

<p>I am about to fail AP bio test tomorrow because of this!</p>

<p>Does anyone know if we are all told on the 13th, or if that is just when they start sending out decisions?</p>

<p>Peggster: All decisions are made and come out on the 13th, as long as you applied by the EA deadline.</p>

<p>International student
Female
GPA: 93/100 (very competitive school)
SAT: 2110 CR 630 Math 800 W 680
SAT2: Math2 780 Chem 750
No APs offered in high school
Weak ECs
One nationwide award for writing
Strong essays
Intended Major: Biochemistry
Hope I can get in!</p>

<p>This is getting tougher by the day. Caltech released the EA decisions, admission fever is on the rise. Aaaaaaaaaa</p>

<p>The wait is almost over… 3 DAYS</p>

<p>Purdue just sent out an email entitled “Your Purdue Admissions Decision Will Be Available Friday”. Here is what the email said:</p>

<p>"Purdue will begin releasing admission decisions this Friday, December 13, and the decision on your application will be available after 5 p.m. Eastern Time that day. </p>

<p>For your convenience, your application login ID and PIN are provided below. Please use this to access your online application status. </p>

<p>If you have questions about your decision, you will find definitions of admission decisions online. An electronic copy of your decision letter will be viewable via your online application status about 24-48 hours after your decision is released.</p>

<p>We appreciate your interest in Purdue and wish you all the best as you complete your college search.</p>

<p>Sincerely, </p>

<p>Mitch Warren
Director of Admissions"</p>

<p>Everyone should check their emails to make sure they received this email. I imagine if you do not receive this email that it means you may not have gotten your supporting documents in on time. Good luck to everyone.</p>

<p>Got the email!! Can’t wait…</p>

<p>My son got that email too. It is nerve wracking analyzing every word to come to the realization that it only means a decision is made, not what it is. Best of luck to all.</p>

<p>I received this email which means that my decision might not be made. But all my documents were in on time. I think the difference is I applied Rolling vs early action.</p>

<p>As planned, Purdue will begin releasing admission decisions after 5 p.m. Eastern Time on Dec. 13. However, because Common Application technical problems caused significant delays in Purdue receiving applications, some students who completed their application by our original Nov. 1 Early Action deadline may not have a decision on Dec. 13. </p>

<p>After Dec. 13, new decisions will be released daily. The Admissions Committee continues to work overtime to evaluate applications and we expect all of those who completed their application by Nov. 8 to have decisions by the end of December. </p>

<p>Even though a small number of admission decisions may be delayed, all students who completed their Purdue application by Nov. 8 will be automatically considered for merit scholarships. </p>

<p>If your decision is delayed, please accept our apologies. We did not want complications with the Common App to compromise our thorough review of all applications.</p>

<p>Sincerely, </p>

<p>Mitch Warren
Director of Admissions</p>

<p>But on another note I’m not sure whether to check Purdue’s application or Harvard’s first.</p>