***Official Purdue Class of 2019 EA Applicant Thread***

Do I have to constantly check on the portal for my decision or will they send an email?

You will likely get an email, but you might find out before the email by checking daily.

International Applicant
SAT score: 2140
SAT Math II: 800
SAT Chemistry: 800
G.P.A: 3.8 UW
Applied for Mechanical Engineering
Application completed on 31st December 2014
Application in committee review since 4th February 2015
Good ECs with plenty of leadership qualities
Many awards including IOI participation
Good recommendations from Head of Departments of school
What and when do you think I would here from the Admission Committee?

@Batman511‌ by end of this month probably…

Well I will accept Michigan’s offer over Purdue’s .

@iliveinmumbai Batman got in!

@Batman511‌ Hahaha cool! Will you attend? :stuck_out_tongue:

Accepted for mechanical engineering
ACT: 33
GPA: 3.87 UW/ 4.25 W
10 APs 10 Honors
Club soccer on very competitive team for 13 years, tons of clubs, Student Government
Congrats to everyone that got in! Maybe I’ll see you in the fall

@iliveinmumbai Let’s just say, we’ll cross the road when we come to it.

@Batman511 Hahaha okay! Do tell if you choose to attend :stuck_out_tongue:

Congratulations on your acceptances. I know that some of you have been waiting anxiously.

8 weeks since submission. No decision yet.

just got in today! application status was complete ready for review for 7 weeks and it just jumped to offer admission, so don’t worry if your applications aren’t in committee review

gpa: 3.64 (4.1/5)
act:33
sat 2: 700 math 2, 740 chem
good extra curricular
biochem major in the college of sciene

For those of you who visited the campus, what did you guys think about it? How’s the student life on campus?

@TodaysEinstein‌ Just visited this past weekend! It is a beautiful campus, in my opinion. I love the style of the buildings and it has that campus feel I was looking for. It’s also easy to navigate. As for student life, everyone I talked to (who attends) says they love their school (as I expected). Tour guides were very friendly and helpful, as were the students that I had to ask for directions for the first day. I saw a lot of people out running and biking which I also loved. One thing that stuck out to me was the lack of diversity compared to other schools I have visited. I know to a lot of people I met, they considered Purdue very diverse, so maybe it is just because I live around a major East Coast city that I didn’t find it that diverse. It is no issue however, but was a bit intimidating at first. Overall, Purdue did an excellent job of selling their school. The friend I traveled with committed the night we got home :slight_smile:

I got accepted a little while ago.

Computer - Information Technology

GPA: 3.15
SAT: 1780
Senior course load: AP Calc AB, AP Gov, AP Environmental Science, AP English.

I’ve been waiting for an offer from Purdue for over two months now and now they have started reviewing my app. But the problem is that my application status is ‘Incomplete items outstanding’. But down below, they’ve received everything that they said they needed for international students

English Proficiency SAT

Application Fee (Paid Online)
Official HS
Official HS Transcript

IELTS (One Planned, 02/2015)

Recommendation

ACT/SAT Test Scores

ACT/SAT Writing Score

My SAT score is 1780 and weighted GPA (after converting it) is 3.54. Great recommendation from my A Level English Literature, worked at a school for special children for three weeks and earned best intern at my department and two more awards. Represented A Levels as the head for my school’s science fair, partook in many MUNs and won two awards, wrote for my school magazine. A good creative essays and supplement too. Applied Undecided. What are my chances at Purdue?

@IceColdFire12 You might want to email the admissions office to inquire as to why your application is considered incomplete to them.

No results yet. Darn. Been 6 weeks since I applied.

@michaelite 10 weeks over here :frowning: